Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re creating a payments network that better connects banks, businesses and everybody. And we’re going big. We’re taking on cards with a payment method that’s actually designed for the online, on-demand world we live in. Removing friction from the most crucial part of commerce: the payment.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan and Dublin. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Coinbase and Nutmeg… though we’re not stopping here.
We’re on a mission to change the way the world pays, invests, shops and saves. To transform how people approach payments. To build a brand that redefines an entire industry — and we’d like your help to get us there. So what do you say?
At TrueLayer we believe that bridging the gap between engineering and design is the best way to build frictionless products. That’s why our designers, researchers, developers, and PMs consistently collaborate (think less “silo”, more “free flow”). So, from end-user interfaces to our developer Console, there’s no problem that we can’t tackle at scale with intuitive, user-centric, beautiful design.
We’re looking for passionate designers to join our Product Development organisation and build end-to-end product experiences. As a designer embedded in a product team, you will mentor both product managers and engineers on UX/UI best practices, and promote a user-centric approach to the products you’re building.
You will also have the opportunity to align with other peers in the Design community and to gain familiarity with the latest tools, processes and technologies, as well using a brand new, cutting-edge Design System we’ve built in-house.
As a Senior UX Designer you will:
- Work closely with PMs and developers as part of the Product Development organisation
- Challenge product briefs and always drive decision making to build better experiences
- Conduct research, competitor analysis and usability testing
- Spec optimal user journeys and product functionalities
- Design vertical interfaces that fit with our overall platform offering
- Create wireframes, graphic mock-ups and prototypes for all devices (responsive design)
- Consume our Design System library and contribute to its evolution
- Sit with developers to do pixel-perfect reviews of frontend products before they are pushed in production
- Create decks, guidelines, docs and other design materials needed to support the product commercially
- Collaborate with other designers and advocate for design consistency
What you need to demonstrate:
- Have strong experience building products
- Ability to solve problems of complexity through smart design
- Specific experience in a fast growing Fintech/API/SaaS company
- Being data-driven, and be able to back up your assertions with data
- A user-first attitude and ensure we consistently deliver a user-centric culture
- Strong understanding of web grids and browser limitations
- Experience designing for iOS and Android
- Familiarity with usability testing methods
- Ability to follow design processes to keep alignment with the overall design org
- Experience working with Design Systems
- Experience working in an agile environment as part of a product team
We’d be especially excited if you can show:
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS, React JS and Git version control
- Experience with accessibility best practices
- Experience with SDKs
What you can expect from us:
- Meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧Milan 🇮🇹 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- Need to collect the kids from childcare? Love a workout in the gym first thing? No worries, we trust you to do your best work within our hybrid framework 🧘
- A one-off remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- 24 days holiday as standard ✈️ with flexible bank holidays, so you can take those days whenever you like 🌍
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year and your birthday off (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- 2 volunteering days to support causes important to you
- 90 day ‘work from abroad’ policy 👩💻☀️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👪
- Competitive pension contribution at 4% & 4% 🧓
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑⚕️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill and premium Calm subscription
- A £1000 budget to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- Free lunch from Just Eat 🥙 (If you choose to work from the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups (e.g. people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from all socio-economic backgrounds). If you’d like to discuss alternative working patterns, please let us know.
We will always aim to make appropriate adjustments to ensure we are fully inclusive to people with different needs during our interview process. So if you need us to make any adjustments to suit your individual needs please let us know - we’ll be happy to support you.
We asked employees of TrueLayer how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at TrueLayer
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Italy, Ireland