Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re creating a payments network that better connects banks, businesses and everybody. And we’re going big. We’re taking on cards with a payment method that’s actually designed for the online, on-demand world we live in. Removing friction from the most crucial part of commerce: the payment.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan and Dublin. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Coinbase and Nutmeg… though we’re not stopping here.
We’re on a mission to change the way the world pays, invests, shops and saves. To transform how people approach payments. To build a brand that redefines an entire industry — and we’d like your help to get us there. So what do you say?
The Global Partnerships team at TrueLayer accelerates growth and innovation at TrueLayer by driving business development activities that expand our geographic and product offering. You will play a pivotal role in defining our product strategy by leading deep market discovery on new product ideas.
In this role, you’ll work closely with Product, Partnerships, Design, and Commercial to identify new product opportunities across the industry verticals and markets we serve. The role requires strong cross-functional collaboration, a highly strategic mindset, and an ability to build strong external and internal relationships.
This is an exciting role for someone with both product and commercial experience who wants to help shape the future of TrueLayer around the world, and directly impact our global expansion and product development strategy.
What we expect from you as a Senior Product Strategist
- Conduct deep market research (qualitative and quantitative) to assess the viability of new product and market opportunities, including leading ideation and conceptualisation;
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the payments industry, market trends, and competitive landscape;
- Coordinate internal stakeholders (product, partnerships, product marketing, commercial) on all topics relating to market discovery
- Collaborate with the leadership team to define and prioritise product development and roadmaps, aligning them with the company's vision and goals.
- Work with our Product, Partnerships, Design and Engineering teams to understand the assess complexity of new ideas;
- Senior (6+ years experience) leaders with experience working with product and commercial functions.
- Deep payments and fintech knowledge
- A strategic thinker with a strong business acumen.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Proficient in conducting desk and in-market research.
- Start-up experience; able to work in scrappy environments and able to deal with ambiguity
- Good technical knowledge
Don’t meet all the requirements?
Multiple studies have shown that women and people of underrepresented groups are sometimes less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At Truelayer, we are committed to building a diverse workforce, so if you are excited about this role and have the essential skills, but not the entire checklist - we’d still love to hear from you!
What you can expect from us:
- Meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working - we offer a hybrid approach to work of 3 days per week remote working 🏡 and 2 days per week in our new offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- Need to collect the kids from childcare? Love a workout in the gym first thing? No worries, we trust you to do your best work within our hybrid framework 🧘
- A one-off remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- 24 days holiday as standard ✈️ with flexible bank holidays, so you can take those days whenever you like 🌍
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year and your birthday off (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- 2 volunteering days to support causes important to you
- 90 day ‘work from abroad’ policy 👩💻☀️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👪
- Competitive pension contribution at 4% & 4% 🧓
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑⚕️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill and premium Calm subscription
- A £1000 budget to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- Free lunch from Just Eat 🥙 (If you choose to work from the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups (e.g. people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from all socio-economic backgrounds). If you’d like to discuss alternative working patterns, please let us know.
We will always aim to make appropriate adjustments to ensure we are fully inclusive to people with different needs during our interview process. So if you need us to make any adjustments to suit your individual needs please let us know - we’ll be happy to support you.
We asked employees of TrueLayer how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at TrueLayer
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Italy, Ireland