Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re creating a payments network that better connects banks, businesses and everybody. And we’re going big. We’re taking on cards with a payment method that’s actually designed for the online, on-demand world we live in. Removing friction from the most crucial part of commerce: the payment.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan and Dublin. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Coinbase and Nutmeg… though we’re not stopping here.
We’re on a mission to change the way the world pays, invests, shops and saves. To transform how people approach payments. To build a brand that redefines an entire industry — and we’d like your help to get us there. So what do you say?
The Commercial organisation at TrueLayer comprises Business Development, Sales, Integration Sales, Customer Success, Fincrime onboarding, Client Operations. and Commercial Operations. Our ultimate goal is to drive revenue growth for TrueLayer’s products and services.
Commercial Operations is the enabling team committed to innovating ways to create seamless operations across our revenue functions (typically known as Revenue Operations). We are seeking a Senior Commercial Operations Manager dedicated to pushing the boundaries, thinking creativity, and working fast to achieve the highest standards of delivery.
Key areas of focus:
- Cost-effectively designing and optimising systems for gathering and centralising information for visualisation and insights
- Building and reinforcing structures for data hygiene and feedback loops to key reporting stakeholders - management, Finance, etc.
- Driving Commercial behaviours to meet goals such as targets-setting, performance and compensation structures
- Introducing and reinforcing key knowledge through onboarding and training, communication rituals, and documentation of processes
- Leading cross-functional programmes to unblock our biggest points of friction or set in motion the biggest opportunities for levelling up and delivering on our company initiatives
What we expect from you as a Senior Commercial Operations Manager:
- Lead and drive the effective use of our CRM, HubSpot - developing dashboards, data models, and forecasting, implementing automation and workflows where needed.
- Support creating, executing, and embedding a global Commercial strategy for pre-Sales areas
- Work closely with the Sales Team to monitor and report on metrics, KPIs and CRM hygiene, and develop improvements in the Sales process from the learnings
- Identify trends and provide data-driven recommendations which inform commercial strategy and product development
- Define and build a clear and automated pipeline management system using available tools and systems
- Recommend and integrate new tooling to meet business needs, problem-solve, and/or further improve the quality, analysis, and/or visualisation of data
- Support the team in refining the customer onboarding journey by identifying best practices and methodologies, ultimately embedding a culture of ongoing process improvement
- Build functional and collaborative relationships with internal teams across TrueLayer to support analytical and operational challenges and mentorship of junior colleagues
- Support on ad-hoc projects, such as performing internal and external research to inform GTM strategies
Who you are:
- At least 5 years of experience at mid to senior level in Sales operations, Revenue operations, or other Operational/consulting roles (preferably at a Fintech or payments company or other fast-paced technology company)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Google Sheets or Excel
- Established analytical, reporting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify and summarise themes across complex data sets
- Excellent project management and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse audiences, management levels, cultures, and personalities
- Demonstrated ability to be productive with minimal supervision. Must be results-oriented, proactive and able to move forward without complete information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, manage conflicting priorities and complete assignments under aggressive time constraints independently
Don’t meet all the requirements?
Multiple studies have shown that women and people of underrepresented groups are sometimes less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At Truelayer, we are committed to building a diverse workforce, so if you are excited about this role and have the essential skills, but not the entire checklist - we’d still love to hear from you!
What you can expect from us:
- Meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧Milan 🇮🇹 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- Need to collect the kids from childcare? Love a workout in the gym first thing? No worries, we trust you to do your best work within our hybrid framework 🧘
- A one-off remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- 24 days holiday as standard ✈️ with flexible bank holidays, so you can take those days whenever you like 🌍
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year and your birthday off (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- 2 volunteering days to support causes important to you
- 90 day ‘work from abroad’ policy 👩💻☀️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👪
- Competitive pension contribution at 4% & 4% 🧓
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑⚕️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill and premium Calm subscription
- A £1000 budget to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- Free lunch from Just Eat 🥙 (If you choose to work from the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups (e.g. people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from all socio-economic backgrounds). If you’d like to discuss alternative working patterns, please let us know.
We will always aim to make appropriate adjustments to ensure we are fully inclusive to people with different needs during our interview process. So if you need us to make any adjustments to suit your individual needs please let us know - we’ll be happy to support you.
We asked employees of TrueLayer how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at TrueLayer
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Italy, Ireland