Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re creating a payments network that better connects banks, businesses and everybody. And we’re going big. We’re taking on cards with a payment method that’s actually designed for the online, on-demand world we live in. Removing friction from the most crucial part of commerce: the payment.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan and Dublin. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Coinbase and Nutmeg… though we’re not stopping here.
We’re on a mission to change the way the world pays, invests, shops and saves. To transform how people approach payments. To build a brand that redefines an entire industry — and we’d like your help to get us there. So what do you say?
TrueLayer’s Commercial team ensures clients are given a high-quality service with the utmost trust and diligence and to create an experience of using TrueLayer’s products which exceeds their expectations.
Reporting to the head of eCommerce, we’re looking for a hunter sales director who sees the big picture of where financial technology and more specifically Open Banking is headed within the eCommerce sector.
What we expect from you as a Sales Director:
- Be responsible for driving new revenue growth across our entire portfolio of solutions
- Build pipeline, supported by our business development and demand teams, across TrueLayer's product portfolio and position TrueLayer to win large enterprise logos that will accelerate our position with eCommerce
- Ability to recognise strategic plays to position TrueLayer for future growth
- Leverage all the talents with TrueLayer to win
- Work in partnership with the Sales Integration team to optimise prospect integration experience and conversion
- An individual contributor that takes responsibility for delivering against fiscal targets who also collaborates and shares with a wider team.
- Make sense of a nascent but rapidly utilised technology for prospects
- Understand the needs and concerns of prospective clients, and trends in their industries
- Leverage your industry knowledge and network to develop relationships with strategic clients
- Use data to accurately, measure and report sales KPIs
- Be the voice of the client in internal product discussions, and influence future product features and developments
- Work with the Client Success team to ensure a seamless client experience during their on-boarding
- Represent TrueLayer at industry events, networking with potential customers and exploring new opportunities for us to generate new business
- Working with the Talent team to attract, interview and hire the best talent for both the Growth team, and TrueLayer as a whole
- Constantly innovate ways to drive the performance of the Growth Team
Who you are:
- Have significant sales experience (circa 10+ years as a guide), with a demonstrable record of success in a payments/technology company selling to the big eCommerce logos across multiple verticals and territories
- Track record of closing deals with enterprise merchants with deal values >£1M CARR
- Extensive network of C-Level and C-Level-1 executives that you can leverage to open doors with the big eCommerce logos
- Ability to diagnose and qualify merchant problems and translate into commercial solutions utilising TrueLayers product suite.
- Utilise deep payments ecosystem knowledge to identify new merchant use cases where open banking can reduce merchant costs and or grow merchant revenue
- Ability to navigate complex matrix organisations to build advocacy for TrueLayer solutions across technical, operational and business stakeholders to land the win.
- Track record of managing, delivering and winning large competetive bids with enterprise clients
- Leverage position and market experience to deliver thought leadership at industry events / talks to generate interest and demand for TrueLayer solutions
- Have a strong interest in the OpenBanking, PSD2, payments and data
- Are very data-driven, and can back up their assertions with data
- Have outstanding communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills - you’re in your element talking to technical and non-technical decision-makers
- Are technically curious, and love understanding clients’ products and businesses
- Enjoy rolling their sleeves up, and can deliver work under pressure in a fast-paced company
We would be particularly excited if you have:
- Experience of using the MEDDIC sales methodology
- Experience in selling into multiple industries that span eCommerce
- Pan-European Marketplace experience
Don’t meet all the requirements?
Multiple studies have shown that women and people of underrepresented groups are sometimes less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At Truelayer, we are committed to building a diverse workforce, so if you are excited about this role and have the essential skills, but not the entire checklist - we’d still love to hear from you!
What you can expect from us:
- Meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working - we offer a hybrid approach to work of 3 days per week remote working 🏡 and 2 days per week in our new offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- Need to collect the kids from childcare? Love a workout in the gym first thing? No worries, we trust you to do your best work within our hybrid framework 🧘
- A one-off remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- 24 days holiday as standard ✈️ with flexible bank holidays, so you can take those days whenever you like 🌍
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year and your birthday off (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- 2 volunteering days to support causes important to you
- 90 day ‘work from abroad’ policy 👩💻☀️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👪
- Competitive pension contribution at 4% & 4% 🧓
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑⚕️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill and premium Calm subscription
- A £1000 budget to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- Free lunch from Just Eat 🥙 (If you choose to work from the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups (e.g. people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from all socio-economic backgrounds). If you’d like to discuss alternative working patterns, please let us know.
We will always aim to make appropriate adjustments to ensure we are fully inclusive to people with different needs during our interview process. So if you need us to make any adjustments to suit your individual needs please let us know - we’ll be happy to support you.
We asked employees of TrueLayer how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at TrueLayer
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Italy, Ireland