Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re creating a payments network that better connects banks, businesses and everybody. And we’re going big. We’re taking on cards with a payment method that’s actually designed for the online, on-demand world we live in. Removing friction from the most crucial part of commerce: the payment.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan and Dublin. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Coinbase and Nutmeg… though we’re not stopping here.
We’re on a mission to change the way the world pays, invests, shops and saves. To transform how people approach payments. To build a brand that redefines an entire industry — and we’d like your help to get us there. So what do you say?
TrueLayer’s Commercial team is responsible for the entire sales cycle of our customers. We ensure customers are given a world-class service with the utmost trust and diligence, and to create an experience of using TrueLayer’s products which exceeds their expectations.
We’re looking for a visionary, hands-on sales professional who sees the big picture of where financial technology is headed. Whether creating business development strategies to pursue new opportunities in emerging verticals, identifying market leaders to form partnerships with, or optimising our process for qualifying and converting numerous inbound leads - you thrive on building a sales pipeline and closing clients.
If you love crafting and executing ambitious growth strategies and are excited to play your part in our story as we expand both Data and Payment platforms across Europe, we want to hear from you!
What we expect from you as a Sales Development Representative:
- Manage iGaming outbound and inbound sales channels
- Map the market and build prospect plans for large enterprise customers
- Develop and execute Business Development strategies for medium to enterprise customers
- Support the team lead and Account Executives to close deals
- Own the internal customer management tools and share the progress with the Growth team
- Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth
- Understand our customer’s needs to help them achieve their business goals through TrueLayer
- Effectively and strategically address customer concerns and issues; escalate as needed
- Be the voice of our customers and engage with the Product team to drive improvements that enhance the customer experience and ultimately drive TrueLayer’s bottom line
- Help scale the business through “out of the box” thinking and exceptional execution
- Have some experience in a client facing role
- Be able to understand TrueLayer APIs and interact with highly technical customers
- Be feedback-driven with a positive attitude and ability to listen
- Have superior verbal and written communication skills
- Have genuine curiosity about people and their businesses
- Have an enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Work well under pressure in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
We would be particularly excited if you have:
- Previous experience working in tech, iGaming, financial services or payments; ideally in another international market as well as the United Kingdom
- Professional fluency in Spanish, French or German
Don’t meet all the requirements?(Heading 4) (Not editable)
Multiple studies have shown that women and people of underrepresented groups are sometimes less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At Truelayer, we are committed to building a diverse workforce, so if you are excited about this role and have the essential skills, but not the entire checklist - we’d still love to hear from you!
What you can expect from us:
- Meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧Milan 🇮🇹 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- Need to collect the kids from childcare? Love a workout in the gym first thing? No worries, we trust you to do your best work within our hybrid framework 🧘
- A one-off remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- 24 days holiday as standard ✈️ with flexible bank holidays, so you can take those days whenever you like 🌍
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year and your birthday off (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- 2 volunteering days to support causes important to you
- 90 day ‘work from abroad’ policy 👩💻☀️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👪
- Competitive pension contribution at 4% & 4% 🧓
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑⚕️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill and premium Calm subscription
- A £1000 budget to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- Free lunch from Just Eat 🥙 (If you choose to work from the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups (e.g. people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from all socio-economic backgrounds). If you’d like to discuss alternative working patterns, please let us know.
We will always aim to make appropriate adjustments to ensure we are fully inclusive to people with different needs during our interview process. So if you need us to make any adjustments to suit your individual needs please let us know - we’ll be happy to support you.
We asked employees of TrueLayer how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at TrueLayer
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Italy, Ireland