Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan and Dublin. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Coinbase and Nutmeg… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new areas all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
The Payment Partnerships team at TrueLayer accelerates the growth and innovation at TrueLayer by developing strategic partnerships to expand its geographic and product offering through distributors and resellers like Platforms, PSPs and Ambassadors. The Partnerships Manager will build an ecosystem of partnerships with but not limited to SAAS platforms , payment service providers, digital agencies and eCommerce platforms that assist in evolving our products. This is a commercial- role focused on growing our new business revenues through high-impact distribution deals.
In this role, you’ll work closely with Legal, Product and Commercial teams to identify new strategic partnership opportunities and improve internal processes to enforce the stance of Partnerships being a key driver for revenue. You will be the conduit between the brands we partner with and various stakeholders at TrueLayer - including Product, Engineering, Legal, Compliance, Finance, Marketing and Sales. The role requires significant cross-functional collaboration, a highly strategic mindset, and an ability to build deep external relationships. You are no stranger to long, complex deals and can effectively operate under uncertainty and high-stakes situations.
This is an exciting role for someone with both payments and eCommerce or SAAS experience who wants to have an impact on the future of TrueLayer, and directly impact our global expansion and commercial strategy.
As a Payments Partnerships Manager, you will:
- Source and develop deep relationships with commercial partners (Platforms, PSPs and Ambassadors), exploring joint commercial opportunities and marketing efforts - which can lead to new merchants and growing revenues;
- Lead contract negotiations and deliver bilateral commercial and legal agreements;
- Maintain our existing partnerships and actively engage with our key partners;
- Serve as subject matter expert in your market(s) to contribute to setting the integration roadmap and strategy
- Work with our Product and Sales Integration teams to understand the technical complexity of your proposed deals;
- Directly contribute to the product roadmap with internal and external stakeholders;
What we expect from you:
- 5+ year experience in a commercial (+ for Partnerships) role either selling to globally focused SAAS solutions and PSPs and working at a major tech organisation (either a PSP or a SAAS company)
- Knows how best to work with tier 1 partners, and ideally has good relationships with key PSPs or Platforms already in place
- Experience with long and complex deal cycles
- Good understanding of the payments space
- World-class presentation and relationship-building skills
- Can build compelling pitches and narratives to get buy-in
- Proficient in building business cases and pricing proposals
- Able to manage multiple cross-functional stakeholders internally and externally, both technical and non-technical
We would be particularly excited if you have:
- Existing experience as a leader in early-stage startups and small teams
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Flexible bank holidays, so you can take those days whenever you like
- 2 volunteering days to support causes important to you
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👩👩👧
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 👵🏽 👴🏽
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑🏽⚕️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year and your birthday off (on top of the holiday allowance)🕊️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- A budget to spend on learning & development each year 📚
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (and know what an API is).
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options TrueLayer provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure TrueLayer is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at TrueLayer
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Italy, Ireland
What employees are saying
"I love that there is a high level of trust of employees. This fosters a highly productive environment where people really give their all."
Anonymous TrueLayer Employee