Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan and Dublin. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Coinbase and Nutmeg… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new areas all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
TrueLayer’s eCommerce team is building the next generation of account-to-account payments for eCommerce in the UK and Europe, and our objective is to displace legacy payments technology, like Cards and Direct Debit. Leveraging Open Banking, we’re disrupting the industry at pace.
This is your chance to get involved in an incredibly competitive and exciting space - and to be the Product Leader that changes the way everyone in Europe pays today. You couldn’t join a better team at a better time - we are the Open Banking leaders - and we’re looking for you to take us to the next level.
We want our Product members to be passionate about solving problems with exceptionally high analytical quality, and delivering value to the market quickly, as we continue in our journey to push payments forward.
What we expect from you as a Head of Product - Variable Recurring Payments:
- The majority of your focus will be on building the best Account 2 Account (A2A) payments journey for consumers for recurring payments and replacing card-on-file payments journeys (commercial Variable Recurring Payments). You will work with large enterprise merchants, banks and the regulator to develop a best in class payment method that will change the way the UK pays.
- You are responsible for identifying market trends and customer needs, but also monitoring the competitive landscape to set the overall eCommerce product direction, vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Together with your stakeholders you develop and maintain a strategic product roadmap for the eCommerce products, prioritising features and ensuring the product offering remains competitive and relevant.
- You will collaborate with other cross-functional teams spanning Product Design (UX/Designers), Policy, Partnerships, Sales, Engineering, Product Advisory, Client Success and Business Operations.
- Overall you will be the voice of eCommerce, and more specifically cVRP in and outside of TrueLayer, advocating for the needs and requirements of our merchant clients and consumers as a whole.
- Define and monitor the relevant company OKRs and ensure they are being tracked in the right way
- In-depth experience and understanding of enterprise eCommerce payments more specifically in the UK/EU.
- More specifically: recurring payments journey, card on file journey, general disputes and liabilities in eCommerce and authentication.
- Working closely with other stakeholders to develop and maintain a strategic product roadmap, prioritising features and ensuring the product offerings remain competitive and relevant
- We need somebody that has a level of curiosity and can think out of the box
- An entrepreneurial mindset, that can manage complexity, deal with across many stakeholders, takes ownership and shows leadership.
- Can act on data without relying on the complete picture to be built for them; prioritisation is your strength, and you have the ability to win consensus for your ideas amongst your stakeholders whilst constantly operating with a sense of urgency.
- Are customer-focused; everything you do, you do it to create a platform that our clients love to use
- Enjoy working with cross-functional people from all over the world. Our ambitions are global, and so is the exceptional team we’ve built.
- Must have:
- At least 7 years of work experience in large eCommerce enterprise Payments or equivalent experience at card acquirer or payment processor for large eCommerce enterprises.
- London Based
We would be particularly excited if you have:
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment
- Additional experience working with Account to Account payment methods
- MBA Qualified
Don’t meet all the requirements?
Multiple studies have shown that women and people of underrepresented groups are sometimes less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At Truelayer, we are committed to building a diverse workforce, so if you are excited about this role and have the essential skills, but not the entire checklist - we’d still love to hear from you!
What you can expect from us:
- Meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧Milan 🇮🇹 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- Need to collect the kids from childcare? Love a workout in the gym first thing? No worries, we trust you to do your best work within our hybrid framework 🧘
- A one-off remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- 24 days holiday as standard ✈️ with flexible bank holidays, so you can take those days whenever you like 🌍
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year and your birthday off (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- 2 volunteering days to support causes important to you
- 90 day ‘work from abroad’ policy 👩💻☀️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👪
- Competitive pension contribution at 4% & 4% 🧓
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑⚕️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill and premium Calm subscription
- A £1000 budget to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- Free lunch from Just Eat 🥙 (If you choose to work from the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups (e.g. people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from all socio-economic backgrounds). If you’d like to discuss alternative working patterns, please let us know.
We will always aim to make appropriate adjustments to ensure we are fully inclusive to people with different needs during our interview process. So if you need us to make any adjustments to suit your individual needs please let us know - we’ll be happy to support you.
We asked employees of TrueLayer how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at TrueLayer
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Italy, Ireland