Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan and Dublin. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Coinbase and Nutmeg… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new areas all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
Experience Design at TrueLayer is the place where visionary designers, creative developers, dedicated researchers and innovative copywriters work together to build a recognisable brand and a consistent experience as we scale TrueLayer globally. As our Creative Director, you’ll manage, guide and mentor a group of creative leaders and their teams, create alignment and setting the new standard for quality and creative execution. While coordinating projects that span from marketing collateral to product branding, merchandising, responsive experiences, and everything in between — you’ll be shaping a consistent narrative that will capture technical audiences through meaningful and accurate storytelling. In return, you’ll be given ownership of introducing new processes, improving existing ones, and taking our creative direction to the next level. Your impact will span beyond design, as you will work with stakeholders around the business including marketing, product, commercial, talent, strategy teams and more. As our Creative Director, you will:
- Directly manage, mentor and coach creative leaders and their teams
- Create alignment between departments to deliver a strong and unified brand experience
- Find balance between fast execution and quality requirements
- Design processes and improve existing ones to increase creative efficiency and scalability
- Set strategy, plan quarterly goals and manage priorities based on company strategic objectives and budget requirements
- Analyse performances of main KPIs to measure success of the brand initiatives
- Conduct competitor analysis and propose actions to improve brand strategy
We’ll need you to demonstrate:
- 5+ years of creative teams management in a product company
- Experience in managing managers and team of 10+ people
- Expertise in developing brands in the B2B tech space
- Strong expertise managing design systems/brand guidelines
- Thinking in terms of scalable systems, not one-off solutions
- A data-driven approach and ability to back up assertions with data
- Strong prioritisation and conflict resolution skills, and ability to manage them in a constantly changing environment
- Expertise in getting buy-in from stakeholders, and motivating brand choices to a broader audience
- A preference for getting your hands dirty, and teaching by doing
We’d be especially excited if:
- You’ve previously worked in a Fintech/API/SaaS company
- You know how to code (markup & frontend)
- Experience with design libraries version control
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A remote-working budget to help set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👨👩👧
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4% 🧓🏼 👴🏼
- Private Health Insurance from the day you start 🧑🏼⚕️
- 12 fully-paid Wellbeing Days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏻♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (and know what an API is).
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options TrueLayer provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure TrueLayer is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at TrueLayer
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Italy, Ireland
What employees are saying
"I love that there is a high level of trust of employees. This fosters a highly productive environment where people really give their all."
Anonymous TrueLayer Employee