Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan and Dublin. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Coinbase and Nutmeg… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new areas all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
- Set out regulatory and compliance requirements for Products and enable Product and Customer Teams to adopt a risk-based approach throughout the product cycle.
- Support the expansion of new payment products and high-risk verticals by evaluating regulations.
- Remain up to date with the law, regulation, guidance and industry best practices.
- Participate in Group-wide AML/CTF projects and programme management, working with Regional MLROs to identify, address and handle risks.
- Lead or support training to commercial teams on our payments products
- Ensure product documentation is produced to support product governance and review external-facing publications.
- Provide stewardship on projects so that relevant stakeholders are consulted and advised in relation to changes or regulatory requirements and provide assurance to senior managers that the business is operating within risk appetite.
- Collaborate with the Legal, Compliance, Risk and Policy teams to share knowledge and as a function enable growth and handle risk in a hyper-growth environment.
- Provide support with regulatory returns or liaison if required.
What we need you to have:
- Significant experience within regulatory/ product advisory in financial services including time spent at a Financial Technology Company
- Excellent knowledge of MLRs and Sanctions Regime
- Good working knowledge of PSD2/ PSRs requirements in the UK and EU
- Experience working within emerging payments space for instance Crypto Assets and/ or higher risk areas of financial services such as money remittance.
Nice to have
- A legal background and AML qualification.
- Proven history of coordinating relationships with commercial and product teams.
- Results-oriented: you show initiative, you care about the bigger picture, you focus on outcomes and get stuff done, you work on what matters and delegate or automate the rest;
- Risk-aware: you are comfortable taking risk-based decisions, you think about our customers and our reputation, not just the rules and regulations, you are comfortable working in grey areas and you have solid ethics to lean on during those times;
- Agile: you don’t stay in your lane, you appreciate working on new things and stepping out of your comfort zone;
- Team First: you guide your team members by example, you are respectful about your role in the business, you see your job as supporting the company to move forward quickly and safely;
- Future thinking: you are enthusiastic about growing teams and maintaining culture during growth, you take responsibility for your own professional development and continuous learning;
- Caring: you build approachable relationships with colleagues, you create an environment where people motivate each other safely, you give frequent, timely, specific and actionable feedback;
- Accountable: you are a confident decision-maker, you establish clear escalation routes within your team, you don’t hide behind legal jargon;
- Trusted: you build trust by demonstrating the highest standards of performance, you show meticulous attention to detail, sound judgement, and efficient subject matter expertise in legal and regulatory issues.
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (and know what an API is).
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options TrueLayer provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure TrueLayer is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at TrueLayer
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Italy, Ireland
What employees are saying
"I love that there is a high level of trust of employees. This fosters a highly productive environment where people really give their all."
Anonymous TrueLayer Employee