Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re creating a payments network that better connects banks, businesses and everybody. And we’re going big. We’re taking on cards with a payment method that’s actually designed for the online, on-demand world we live in. Removing friction from the most crucial part of commerce: the payment.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan and Dublin. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Coinbase and Nutmeg… though we’re not stopping here.
We’re on a mission to change the way the world pays, invests, shops and saves. To transform how people approach payments. To build a brand that redefines an entire industry — and we’d like your help to get us there. So what do you say?
The Product Strategy team sits at the bleeding edge of account-to-account payments innovation, responsible for identifying, evaluating, and developing product innovations for TrueLayer. This is an opportunity to work on high-profile and greenfield projects that will shape the next generation of TrueLayer’s payments products.
As a Business Analyst you will work collaboratively between the Corporate Finance & Strategy team and the Product Strategy team. You will work across various product discovery projects, guide the Product team to translate our strategic narrative into product priorities while embedding financial impacts into our product decision making process.
Working in a cross-functional and autonomous team you will provide a data-driven perspective and collectively work with the leadership team to help define TrueLayer’s product strategy. We’re looking for someone proactive and comfortable working with uncertainty, who will leverage whatever resources are available to help us make good decisions at pace.
What we expect from you:
- Work closely with Product Strategy and broader Product Development organisations to evaluate opportunities for new products/features.
- Perform qualitative/quantitative analysis on market sizing, competitive landscape and our value propositions, translate them to measurable financial metrics to inform our investment decisions, resource allocation and sequence of priorities.
- Build a deep understanding of TrueLayer’s existing products and merchants as a basis on which we can innovate.
- Collaborate with Product and Design to carry out problem and solution validation as part of the product development lifecycle.
- Deeply understand the value we can deliver to our customers and collaborate with Commercial to create an informed pricing strategy for new products.
- Be a shepherd of our corporate strategy and financial narrative, aligning product priorities with overarching objectives of the business.
- You have 1-4 years of experience in areas such as business strategy, product strategy, management consulting, business operations, strategic/commercial finance.
- High agency and proactive. You will be working in a fast-paced team with shared responsibility for delivering outcomes, not just handed individual tasks.
- You are analytical in your approach to problem solving. You can identify which variables really matter and what data or information we need to make informed decisions.
- You are comfortable to work across multiple disciplines including product, finance and commercial, and able to understand contexts that are critical to product strategy planning.
- Independently carry out analysis, using whichever tools are most appropriate, and visualise the data in a way that cuts to the insights we will use to make decisions.
- You’re able to provide valuable insights even when data is limited, piecing together what we do know and highlighting risks due to what we don’t know.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to bring your analysis to life and support the Product Strategy team in getting buy-in from key stakeholders.
- You have an exceptional eye for detail.
We would be particularly excited if you have:
- Experience working on payments products.
- Experience working in eCommerce or enterprise eCommerce products
- Programming skills relevant for data analysis.
Compensation: £50,000 - £60,000
What you can expect from us:
- Meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧Milan 🇮🇹 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- Need to collect the kids from childcare? Love a workout in the gym first thing? No worries, we trust you to do your best work within our hybrid framework 🧘
- A one-off remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- 24 days holiday as standard ✈️ with flexible bank holidays, so you can take those days whenever you like 🌍
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year and your birthday off (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- 2 volunteering days to support causes important to you
- 90 day ‘work from abroad’ policy 👩💻☀️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👪
- Competitive pension contribution at 4% & 4% 🧓
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑⚕️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill and premium Calm subscription
- A £1000 budget to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- Free lunch from Just Eat 🥙 (If you choose to work from the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups (e.g. people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from all socio-economic backgrounds). If you’d like to discuss alternative working patterns, please let us know.
We will always aim to make appropriate adjustments to ensure we are fully inclusive to people with different needs during our interview process. So if you need us to make any adjustments to suit your individual needs please let us know - we’ll be happy to support you.
We asked employees of TrueLayer how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at TrueLayer
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Italy, Ireland