As our Operations Finance Specialist, you will be the key finance person in the US, responsible for accurately processing a high volume of stock related purchases, ensuring margins are attained and all compliance matters met including resolving unreconciled transactions. You will act as shoppers’ Finance & Operations link between Sourcing, Logistics and other teams across the wider business. Although sitting in the Order Management team, you will process and check purchases invoices against purchase orders, and support with SO raising and amendments, ensuring any impact to VAT and sales tax has been considered.
Salary for this role is between $58,500 - $59,000.
This role and the team are hybrid based out of downtown NYC.
This role does have in-office expectations because of how we operate as a team and business, and, this team does require 2-3 days a week together in the office. Additionally, this role will require flexibility to support business trends including some weekend coverage and evenings.
We regret that we are not open to fully remote applications right now for this reason, but what we can offer is a flexible working approach which can be discussed per role and a host of team cultural activities and treats in our office.
- Process and check purchases invoices against purchase orders for "hot stock" purchases
- Ensure compliance is met through performance of numerous checks (e.g. margin, shipping, all fees, VAT, sales tax etc)
- Reconcile bank and credit cards, including multi-currency transactions
- Work with shoppers and sourcing teams to resolve unreconciled transactions to meet compliance requirements
- Process supplier returns and refunds, ensuring all returns have been refunded
- Support with SO raising and amendments, ensuring any impact to VAT and sales tax has been considered
- Support Ops and Sales teams with consignment and affiliate orders, ensuring compliance and reconciliation of purchases v sales and returns
- Own policies knowledge, acts as compliance ambassador and gatekeeper with the other teams
- Act as your dedicated shoppers' team Finance and Ops ambassador and submit, follow up on the relevant requests with the proper stakeholders
- Previous experience in Accounts Payable or Finance Assistant roles
- Experience in processing a high volume of purchase invoices
- Experience with multi-currency bank reconciliations
- Understanding of UK/EU VAT and US states tax regulations
- Strong numeracy and communication skills
- Agile and flexible attitude with ability to work with minimal supervision and can manage own time effectively
- Self-disciplined and able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Experience with Netsuite a bonus
● Healthcare Options
● Employee Assistance Programme through Lifeworks
● Access to BEN our benefits platform
● Staff discounts
● The Inclusive Threads DE&I Program
● 18 Days Vacation
● Flexible working, “Flex at Threads”
● Long service awards
● Mentorship & Coaching
● 12 weeks Leadership programme
Want to help build the future of luxury fashion commerce? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Threads is a creative, luxury fashion personal shopping and commerce business. Through social and chat-based media, we inspire our international client base to discover the rarest luxury items. We then search the globe to procure them for our clients; this is the future of retail.
Threads is in Tech City’s Future Fifty programme which recognises some of the UK’s fastest growing businesses, pioneering the best luxury shopping experience in the world!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Equity in selection practices
Threads practise equity in selection through targeting less represented talent pools, and offering access to development and support in interviews. We do this because we want to provide less represented groups with access to opportunities, and us, access to great people. All candidate offers are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. If we have two candidates at the final stage, we choose the best candidate for the job.
We are a Disability Confident Employer, and have committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. We are working towards improved employment practices to ensure those with disabilities receive full and fair consideration for all types of vacancies as well as for training, career development and promotion. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer providing employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Threads Styling provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Threads Styling is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Threads Styling
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)