We’re on a mission to protect society from fraud and money laundering. We’ve already protected over 1 million people through life’s big transactions, with a core aim to protect 3 million people by the end of 2024.
Fraud and regulation are rising, costing the UK economy over £100bn every year; this makes it more difficult for businesses to protect themselves and their clients - individuals like you and me - from fraud and money laundering.
Our co-founders Olly and Jack were led to this area when a friend was defrauded of £25K when buying their first property. At the time, anti-fraud technology didn’t exist, which meant that completing the anti-fraud checks required in these processes was largely manual. These big life moments should be exciting, but instead are often confusing and scary due to the painful process of completing these paper-based checks and the risk of fraud.
Thirdfort helps businesses to facilitate these anti fraud checks so that individuals know they can transact safely and seamlessly with professionals during these big transactions. Our anti-fraud platform provides a secure way for professionals in regulated sectors like Lawyers, Estate Agents and Accountants to transfer funds and verify sensitive information through app based document checks, facial recognition and open banking.
Over 1000 businesses now trust Thirdfort to verify their clients. We are FCA regulated and have raised over $25m in capital from leading Fintech investors Breega and Element Ventures, as well as the founders of Zoopla, Funding Circle, Comply Advantage, Tessian, Fenergo and Fidel.
Engineering at Thirdfort
At Thirdfort, we’re working to build an outstanding engineering culture that empowers our team to do their best work. We have a culture which cultivates an honest and open environment, where everyone’s opinions are heard and valued.
We have native IOS & Android mobile apps which are the key consumer facing interface. We also have a detailed web portal that is used by our B2B customers, mainly lawyers and estate agents (built in React). We are cloud hosted and have a JSON REST API backend (primarily Node.js and GO), microservices architecture and cryptographically secure sensitive data storage.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Engineering team and contribute across all areas of our stack. You will be helping build out our back end working with APIs and advanced data structures.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is an experienced Backend Software Engineer, not necessarily with the same tech stack.
- Can work with or can quickly get comfortable with: Go, Node.js, Kubernetes & Git.
- Can demonstrate enthusiasm for coding.
- Has a strong understanding of software engineering principles (data structures, searching and sorting algorithms) and system design experience.
- Has a flexible, lean and nimble approach to building software.
- Is customer centric and works well with product owners.
- Is a great communicator and decision maker that understands the commercial impact of technical and design decisions.
- Is a humble worker, strong team player and knows how to get the best out of others.
- Has wisdom - strong opinions weakly held. The ability to argue your corner but give it up easily when consensus is against you even if you're right.
Studies show that women and other less represented groups are less likely to apply for roles unless they meet every requirement. We believe in building a diverse team, valuing different skills and experiences and so if you don’t think you have all the requirements listed here but feel this could be a role and environment you’d thrive in, we would still love for you to apply.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Contribute to the development of new features.
- Work across a variety of projects and gain exposure to all areas of our product.
- Carry out analysis, using GitHub to discuss new ideas with the team.
- Review other engineer’s Pull Requests.
- Participate in our hiring process to help us build a world class team of engineers.
Life at Thirdfort:
- Flexible working hours
- Uncapped Holiday
- Enhanced sick leave
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Up to 30 days Working from Abroad
- Regular company and team socials
- Regular Lunch & Learns sessions, as well as an uncapped budget for personal development
- Wellness campaigns, including #wellnesswednesdays which provides wellness prompts & tips to the team
- Share options for all UK employees
- Customisable wellness budget and £250 WFH Budget
- Private Health care through our provider, AXA
- Enhanced employer matching pension scheme with salary sacrifice options
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme and our Electric Car Scheme
We’ve created our benefits package to reflect Thirdfort’s mission and values. We place a strong focus on Security first given what we do, extending this to our team’s physical, mental and financial security to support them through their big life moments. Our benefits exist to empower our team, ensuring they feel supported and able to work in the way that enables them to do their best work.
We’re committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse culture where everyone has a chance to make a difference. We’re purposefully building a team of problem-solvers that reflect our values - which is why we hire from all backgrounds. If you're an ambitious, talented individual who takes ownership, you'll be a great Thirdforter.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process, please let your dedicated Talent Manager know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Thirdfort provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Thirdfort is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Thirdfort
Gender diversity (male:female)
London & Manchester