Having a new house is great. Getting a new house isn’t. It's a big life moment and can be complicated and scary for all of us.
That's why we’re on a mission to remove risk so people can move fearlessly. We use tech, design and data to make dealing with clients secure and friction-free for lawyers and professional services across the property sector.
Since our co-founders, Jack and Olly, founded Thirdfort in 2017, we’ve grown from a single London office to an amazing, international team of over 90 with team members also in Manchester and Sri Lanka. We are backed by big-hitting investors, including Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla and Cazoo), leading law firm Mishcon de Reya and HM Land Registry. We already work with over 550 property and legal businesses to help streamline their processes and keep security top of mind, and we're growing. We're serious and we're ambitious. Come join us.
We're looking for a People Manager to design, deliver and optimise initiatives and processes that empower Thirdforters to do their best work. In this role, you will work closely with our Head of People and have a real breadth of responsibility from running day-to-day people operations, building scalable processes, and supporting managers and their teams. You will also manage our People Experience Associate and Office Manager, and help to build out our people operations team.
We’re looking for an empathetic, curious, ambitious team player to join us. You’ll bring expertise in people operations, be comfortable getting hands on and building out new processes from scratch, whilst also zooming out to see the bigger picture and work on more strategic people projects.
- Manage day-to-day people operations and be the first point of contact for people-related questions and resolving any issues. You’ll also ensure we’re evolving our people operations capability, from creating more self serve opportunities to leveraging tooling to drive efficiency, whilst always retaining a people-first approach
- Be a values and cultural champion at Thirdfort; you’ll help us to evolve and develop our culture and ways of working as we continue to scale across multiple locations
- Build out new initiatives and processes that improve the wider people experience, including across our three office spaces. This will involve close collaboration with other members of our People Team across the UK and Sri Lanka
- Partner closely with the Head of People and other leads across the business on key strategic projects, including how we build a high performance culture & define career progression to how we develop our hybrid ways of working
- Support and partner closely with managers to help them be their best selves. You’ll support them on all things people including their team growth plans, career development, compensation, and any employee relations
- Build out the people operations function, including hiring in future people partners and people ops team members as we continue to scale
- Improve our data & reporting capability. You’ll protect all of our people-facing information and data integrity. You’ll also ensure we are clearly reporting how we're doing, leveraging our people tools and data to ensure we're focusing on the right opportunities
You might be right for this role if you:
- Have experience working in a fast-growing startup/scale-up in a People Partner, People/HR Generalist, or People Operations role
- Love building relationships with people across various functions and levels across the business; you are comfortable and able to influence and manage stakeholders across strategic projects
- Are curious and creative; you’ll work hard to deeply understand Thirdfort and our team members to design initiatives and processes that are specifically right for them. You’ll be unwilling to just follow the norms and want to design an unique experience for Thirdforters
- Have experience of leading company wide initiatives that had a demonstrable impact on the company (e.g. engagement, culture, D&I, etc)
- Have strong knowledge and expertise in UK employment law; you’re comfortable designing policies and managing employee relations, whilst always retaining a people-first approach
- Are an incredibly strong communicator (both written and verbal) - you can clearly convey ideas to a range of audiences in a warm,
- Ideally you’ll have experience of line managing and mentoring other team members
Life at Thirdfort
We want you to move fearlessly. That's why we’re building a culture where ambitious people can be themselves and make an impact. When you join Thirdfort, you’ll get immediate access to our flexible employee benefits package that aims to set you up for success:
- Flexible Working Hours
- Enhanced parental leave
- Work from home allowance
- Unlimited annual leave
- Unlimited sick leave
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner
- Regular company and team socials
- Bi-weekly Lunch & Learns sessions, as well as an uncapped budget for personal development
- Wellness campaigns, including #wellnesswednesdays which provides wellness prompts & tips to the team and a no internal meeting day
- Share options for all UK employees
- Customisable wellness budget and discounts on well-known brands with our partner ThanksBen
We’re committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse culture where everyone has a chance to make a difference. We’re purposefully building a team of problem-solvers that reflect our values - which is why we hire from all backgrounds. If you're an ambitious, talented individual who takes ownership, you'll be a great Thirdforter.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process, please let your dedicated Talent Manager know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Thirdfort provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Thirdfort is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Thirdfort
Gender diversity (male:female)
London & Manchester
What employees are saying
"I really love the fully flexible working. I don't feel pressured to be in the office any particular number of days per week. This is good because when I do come in, I feel like I really want to be there, and can make use of the time much more effectively. This also makes me value having an office space that we can use as and when we need or want to."
Anonymous Thirdfort Employee