We’re on a mission to protect society from fraud and money laundering. We’ve already protected over 1 million people through life’s big transactions, with a core aim to protect 3 million people by the end of 2024.
Fraud and regulation are rising, costing the UK economy over £100bn every year; this makes it more difficult for businesses to protect themselves and their clients - individuals like you and me - from fraud and money laundering.
Our co-founders Olly and Jack were led to this area when a friend was defrauded of £25K when buying their first property. At the time, anti-fraud technology didn’t exist, which meant that completing the anti-fraud checks required in these processes was largely manual. These big life moments should be exciting, but instead are often confusing and scary due to the painful process of completing these paper-based checks and the risk of fraud.
Thirdfort helps businesses to facilitate these anti fraud checks so that individuals know they can transact safely and seamlessly with professionals during these big transactions. Our anti-fraud platform provides a secure way for professionals in regulated sectors like Lawyers, Estate Agents and Accountants to transfer funds and verify sensitive information through app based document checks, facial recognition and open banking.
Over 1000 businesses now trust Thirdfort to verify their clients. We are FCA regulated and have raised over $25m in capital from leading Fintech investors Breega and Element Ventures, as well as the founders of Zoopla, Funding Circle, Comply Advantage, Tessian, Fenergo and Fidel.
Thirdfort has achieved phenomenal growth in a short space of time, and has even larger ambitions. These drive accounting & finance complexity and the need to build a world class Finance team.
The mission for this role is to oversee and manage all aspects of Financial Accounting, Control and Tax to ensure that stakeholders have easy and fast access to accurate management information. The role has huge scope for impact. Accounting & Control are the building blocks that provide exceptional support and insight to the wider business, whilst accurate and scalable processes are fundamental to long term success.
The Financial Controller will report directly to the CFO and work closely with the Commercial Finance Manager and Financial Operations Manager.
You will achieve your mission as our Financial Controller by:
- Oversee and manage billing & the wider month end process
- Working with Finance & Legal stakeholders to manage Tax & Regulatory requirements
- Manage Audit process with support from CFO and Finance Operations Manager
- Overseeing Working capital processes including Credit Control
- Work with the Commercial Finance Manager to continually refine & improve detail & granularity of our reporting
- Work with Finance Operations Manager to continually improve processes and systems usage
- Exposure to fundraising and other activities as they arise
You may be right for this role if:
- You’ve spent time in Audit and have high attention to detail, accounting skills & find satisfaction in making sure information is accurate and fast.
- You’ve worked in a startup environment and want a broad remit with large scope to create or improve on existing ways of working
- You are motivated by creating and embedding process that are repeatable & scalable
- You want to gain further exposure or responsibility including EMI, Tax, R&D and other areas as the business grows
- You want to work with exceptional colleagues across the Finance and Data teams, and stakeholders in the wider business to keep driving success
Studies show that women and other less represented groups are less likely to apply for roles unless they meet every requirement. We believe in building a diverse team, valuing different skills and experiences and so if you don’t think you have all the requirements listed here but feel this could be a role and environment you’d thrive in, we would still love for you to apply.
Life at Thirdfort
- Flexible Working Hours
- Enhanced parental leave
- Work from home allowance
- Unlimited annual leave
- Unlimited sick leave
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner
- Regular company and team socials
- An uncapped budget for personal development
- Wellness campaigns, including #wellnesswednesdays which provides wellness prompts & tips to the team
- Share options for all UK employees
- Customisable wellness budget and discounts on well-known brands with our partner ThanksBen
We’ve created our benefits package to reflect Thirdfort’s mission and values. We place a strong focus on Security first given what we do, extending this to our team’s physical, mental and financial security to support them through their big life moments. Our benefits exist to empower our team, ensuring they feel supported and able to work in the way that enables them to do their best work.
We’re committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse culture where everyone has a chance to make a difference. We’re purposefully building a team of problem-solvers that reflect our values - which is why we hire from all backgrounds. If you're an ambitious, talented individual who takes ownership, you'll be a great Thirdforter.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process, please let your dedicated Talent Manager know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Thirdfort provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Thirdfort is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Thirdfort
Gender diversity (male:female)
London & Manchester