Head of Marketing
A little flex time
Salary: £62,000-£67,000 basic per annum
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Strengthscope is actively seeking to build diverse, inclusive, and authentic teams and encourages candidates to apply if they are excited about this role and meet even some of the criteria below.
Responsibilities & Duties:
We’re looking for a Head of Marketing with a strong track record of working closely with Sales leaders and their teams to drive measurable results. Your experience will include leading the implementation of a powerful growth strategy that’s driven leads and engagement for the Sales team, whilst also building brand awareness and advocacy on a global level.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Owning, developing, and delivering the Marketing growth strategy to support the business objectives, meet the ambitious growth plans and support the Sales team as your key internal customers
- Developing an effective and efficient ‘lead engine’ to drive volume of high-quality new business enquiries, meeting the lead targets required to deliver the business growth plan
- Implementing an account-based Marketing strategy that supports Sales account managers to build their knowledge and develop the utilisation of Strengthscope® in their accounts
- Delivering against Marketing KPIs and managing the department’s budget, effectively sharing performance at this at leadership and company level
- Implementing a comprehensive rolling calendar of all Marketing activities and campaigns and communicating this across the business to drive engagement and involvement
- Ensuring that the Marketing function operates seamlessly with Sales and other operational teams requiring Marketing's services, demonstrating a commitment to collaboration and cocreation
- Co-ordinating an outsourced Marketing model, collaborating with suppliers to deliver design, SEO, website improvements, advertising, and more, by proactively identifying business needs and then matching these with an evolving Marketing proposition
- Owning and managing the Strengthscope® brand and offer across all platforms, including accountability for all social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube)
- Demonstrating effective leadership of the Marketing function, directing resources as required and coaching, mentoring and developing our internal team to deliver to an ever-higher level of competence
- Carrying out the responsibilities as a member of the Management Team (outlined separately).
Skills & Attributes:
If you have a mix of the following skills and attributes, you might be just who we’re looking for:
- Commercially-minded: you are naturally oriented towards lead generation and sales, rather than design
- Experienced in running a Marketing department with effective collaboration and ways of working with internal and external stakeholders
- A clear communicator: whether its monthly priorities, project management, or data, your information and presentations have an easy-to-understand meaning
- Have managed digital metrics, and departmental and campaign-related KPIs
- Live a growth mindset: you are humble and accept that things aren’t always perfect, choosing to look for solutions to help with continuous improvement across the business
- Act with purpose: you constantly (re)evaluate Marketing activity, taking decisions to start, stop, or maintain based on latest feedback and data
- Safe pair of hands: you have a strong sense of accountability and always meet deadlines
- Have worked in a small/growing organisation and know about training & development as an industry (preferred)
- Experience of Hubspot, Salesforce, WordPress and website management, Adobe Illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop (preferred).
- Here are some of the good things you’ll get when you join Strengthscope:
- 30 days (+ bank holidays) of annual leave
- Enhanced pension plan where Strengthscope meets your contribution up to 10%
- Flexible working – we’re verified by Flexa! Check out our company page on https://flexa.careers/companies/strengthscope
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Home setup allowance
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Eye care vouchers (we pay for your test and contribute £49 towards glasses)
- Internal and external coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Monthly personal development time
- StrengthscopeMASTER™ qualification
- Strengths Heroes - where we celebrate the most awesome people every quarter!
- Monthly team get-togethers and quarterly team days to reflect, plan, and celebrate
- Pet-friendly offices on the bustling Southbank, minutes from London Bridge, Southwark, and Waterloo stations.
Strengthscope is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Strengthscope provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Strengthscope is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Strengthscope
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"The flexibility is 10/10. There is no expectation of attending the office unless there is a real need that impacts the whole team."
Anonymous Strengthscope Employee