Senior Full Stack Engineer
Who We Are and What We Do
At SilverRail, we're on a mission to reshape the way the world travels, and we're inviting you to be part of this journey. Rail is becoming the go-to choice for short and medium-haul travel worldwide, and we're here to help make it happen.
In the face of the ongoing climate crisis, our vision is crystal clear. We are transforming the online customer experience for rail travel, making it easier than ever for customers to find, buy and use rail. Our cutting-edge technology is the backbone of rail and travel agencies worldwide, making it effortless for travelers to choose the eco-friendly option and reduce their carbon footprint.
We have nearly 15 years of trailblazing success behind us, and our teams are spread across the globe, with bases in London, Boston, Brisbane, and Stockholm. We thrive on the philosophy of 'fail-fast-fail-early,' which drives us to find ingenious solutions to complex challenges.
Join us, and help shape the future of travel!
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you’ll thrive on collaborating with your peers and participating in the full stack design and development process with Product Owners. You’ll bring your passion for writing clean, solid code to our highly scalable system.
The role is required to participate in each stage of development from requirements to final acceptance. You are expected to participate in all Sprint ceremonies/meetings and strive to ensure that each new feature matches the Definition of Done.
- Requirements analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of software components including unit and integration tests as well as documentation.
- Writing clean, scalable, readable, and maintainable code that follows best practices to continuously deliver value in each sprint.
- Definition and evolution of REST and SOAP APIs.
- Promotion of modular, testable, and maintainable Spring/Java based middleware APIs.
- Contribution to the design of application and services.
- Creating and maintaining complex back-office UI applications that are written in React.
- Assisting in the overall architecture and design of SilverRail's web UI and B2B API, which is utilised by numerous companies across the globe.
Required Competence and Skills
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Minimum 8+ years of hands-on work experience, with both Front End and Back End technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Java 8+, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate and relational databases including MySQL.
- Experience building JSON and XML API’s. Knowledge of RESTful principles is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum) environment.
- Experience using Git and CI/CD pipelines. GitLab experience would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with design patterns, SOLID and TDD.
- Strong experience with AWS.
- Knowledge of OpenText tools such as Gupta Team Designer would be a plus.
- We have an average Glassdoor grade of 4.7 and 100% recommendation rates.
- We are a globally accredited Great Place To Work
- We are an accredited flexible company and were named in Flexa’s Top 50 Most Flexible Companies: https://flexa.careers/companies/silverrail
- We utilise a hybrid working model, providing equipment for home working so you can work 2-3 days per week at home and 2-3 days per week in our beautiful central Stockholm office.
- We are part of the Almega organisation offering a strong collective working agreement.
- We provide a wealth of career development opportunities with training that is individual, focused on improving your skills and helping you become the best professional you can be.
- Our team’s health and wellness is genuinely important to us, so we provide a generous annual Wellbeing Allowance for you to use.
- We are the fourth company in the world to become reproductively responsible, accredited by Hertility providing educational workshops around women’s health, family planning and fertility as well as progressive leave policies & hormone testing.
- A unique opportunity to work for a tech company that is helping the environment by revolutionising the way we travel.
Our values are simple: Do Good by working for a better tomorrow; Think Big Act Smart by being curious, adaptable and data-driven; and remember that through collaboration we will always be Stronger Together.
*We are a neurodiverse employer and are working hard to improve our recruitment processes, so if there is any way that we can make the recruitment experience better for you then please let us know in your application - all information will be treated as strictly confidential*
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options SilverRail Technologies provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure SilverRail Technologies is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at SilverRail Technologies
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Boston, Brisbane, Stockholm