3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
About Signal - Who are we
We're on a mission to change the way businesses make decisions with our cutting-edge AI technology. To achieve that, we’re looking for passionate people to join our open and unconventional workplace. Our inclusive environment welcomes skills and experiences from diverse backgrounds and defines who we are.
About the role - Who are you?
Signal AI is looking for a qualified Senior Financial Accountant to join our Finance team. We are growing very quickly in terms of revenue, people and geographies and you will play an important part in helping us accelerate our global growth ambitions. You will report to our Senior Finance Manager.
The day to day responsibilities - What will you be doing?
- Create and maintain the finance process and control documentation.
- Ownership of the subsidiary audit and financial statements as well, overseeing on-going and ad-hoc compliance reporting.
- Manage intercompany transactions - working with senior management to design the transfer pricing model and creating the monthly reporting process for our management accounts.
- Liaise with external consultants including compliance and tax advisors
- Project management - Identify and implement processes and control improvements within our accounting system. Manage the relationship with our external technical consultants to ensure effective and efficient progress.
- Collaborate with relevant internal teams to create and implement accounting policy throughout the business and ensure relevant documentation is in place.
- Ownership of the cash flow reporting and associated management of the cash position.
- Management of all aspects of staff costs reporting - both internally for analysis and decision making and external compliance with government bodies.
- Ad hoc technical accounting and reporting projects as the business requires.
- Cost center reporting and improve analytical reporting to feed into monthly management reports
- Ad hoc support to the team on various areas including secretarial, taxation, transaction handling and improvements in finance process and decision making process
Knowledge, skills and experience - What does it take to be successful?
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with at least 2 years post qualified experience in industry.
- Process and detail oriented and comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, and advanced experience with Excel and accounting software (preferably NetSuite).
- Project management experience would be beneficial.
- Experience in a fast growth startup environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Clear communicator and excellent at connecting and building rapport with stakeholders at various levels of seniority.
- Proactive approach, hands-on with a can-do attitude and a focus on getting things done with quality.
Don’t meet every single requirement listed? Academic research has shown that women or people of other underrepresented groups tend not to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Signal AI, we know that diverse teams perform better so if your experience doesn’t fit perfectly but you’re excited about this role, we’d love for you to apply anyway.
We’re committed to building and fostering an inclusive environment where Signallers feel welcomed, valued and listened to - an environment where they thrive being their true selves.
- Hybrid Working Environment - we have a hybrid remote policy with 2-3 days remote per week, plus Summer & Winter fully remote blocks wherever works for you, including abroad;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement;
- Share options;
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Dependents Leave policies;
- Health Cash Plan/ Pension plan / Income Protection / Life Insurance / Access to free therapists via Spill.