As an expert in Payments, Senior Product Manager will take ownership and be responsible for a business focused roadmap and the delivery and success of the products defined and planned within it. Working closely with the Director of Product, you’ll define the product vision, strategy and roadmap for our Hold and Disburse products which sit within our Payments Tribe. You will set your product metrics (OKRs) based on business objectives and lead the team to deliver on those metrics. We are a customer-led business and so you will need to ensure that our customer needs are at the heart of product decisions, while also leveraging data and innovating.
You will be critical in launching new products to market, establishing ways of working in the delivery teams and ensuring agility is embedded in our DNA. You will build strong relationships with stakeholders and drive collaboration with other functions across the business.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of managing and delivering digital products in the financial services industry. You will also have demonstrable success in delivering greenfield products. In addition, you will need the experience and gravitas to work side by side with leaders across the business
What you'll do:
- Working with other heads of product management, design and engineering, and reporting to a product director in defining a product roadmap and delivering the products and changes to products requested by the business.
- Leverage trust with peers and partners across multiple functions to ensure continued product development with minimal issues
- Review and rationalise existing products on an ongoing basis
- Maintain product development processes from ideation through to post implementation customer feedback and use feedback to mature your products.
- Ensure any new product has a viable go to market strategy.
- Manage a business aligned product roadmap for payments.
- Lead a product management team by providing product vision, product and market strategies.
- Day-to-day management and empowerment of a team of Product Managers - including coaching, mentoring and resourcing the team
What are we looking for in you:
- Must be experienced in product management, design, development, technical product development
- Experience in Payments, Fraud, FinCrime or Financial Services a must
- Passionate about FinTech and about delivering a best-in-class product suite
- Proven experience of working in a product-led, financial technology environment
- Skilled in managing up, down and sideways, able to be measured and calm in all conversations and engagements with internal and external suppliers and customers
- Experience building products that serve enterprise & external customers, while still maintaining agility and fast-moving development cycles
- Understanding of the payments landscape including specific associated domains: push payments, data products, loyalty & offers and authorisation capabilities/products including challenges, and opportunities
- Excellent business acumen with a bias for action, passion for learning and education, and exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at organising and leading a Product Team of up to 10 product managers of different levels of experience across multiple works streams with an ability to mentor & develop those and other team members
- Experience or familiarity with customer journey mapping and design sprints
- Are experienced using Agile development methodologies and organising work into Epics, User Stories, and writing Acceptance Criteria
- Developing a deep empathetic understanding of our users through research, interviews, data analysis and usability testing
Shieldpay is an equal opportunities employer. For Shieldpay building a fair and transparent workforce begins with the recruitment process that does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We asked employees of Shieldpay how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Shieldpay
Gender diversity (male:female)
M:59% F:39% NB:1% TRANS:1%
Fleet Street, London