As Business Development Manager you will be a key contributor in our sales team, developing prospects into qualified sales opportunities whilst taking a consultative approach to understand a prospects’ business, industry and needs. You'll collaborate with the marketing team to engage with leads, as well as being responsible for driving outbound sales initiatives to develop new business opportunities across our key target audiences and sectors. You will find opportunities through a diverse set of skills and tactics, including email outreach, social engagement, conferences and events, networking and referrals.
We are looking for a switched-on, energetic hunter to seek out new business opportunities that has deep experience in enterprise sales. We have a wealth of untapped potential in the Litigation sector, as well as across different verticals and industries that we need a commercially savvy and curious BDM to help us analyse, approach and open early opportunities.
What you'll do
- Proactively research and understand the payments, fintech, regulatory and economic landscape in the context of the verticals and markets you are focusing on to build knowledge and find opportunities to introduce Shieldpay to prospective customers
- Responsible for generating new business leads through outreach and networking, always maintaining an ethical, honest, and regulatory focused approach
- Represent Shieldpay at external events, conferences and awards shows, as well as hosting our own networking opportunities such as round table events to build awareness
- Showcasing how Shieldpay can make a real difference to prospective customers and able to passionately articulate the Shieldpay value proposition and relevant solutions
- Responsible for nurturing prospects by gathering initial requirements and working with marketing, product, implementation, and the wider sales team to move opportunities through the sales funnel in the shortest time and in the most efficient way
- Maintain the internal contact database and pipeline report to ensure all essential activity is logged and internal stakeholders are regularly updated
- Ability to over-deliver on targets
What are we looking for in you
- Proven track record in driving business development for enterprise sales, individually motivated and with an entrepreneurial spirit to meeting and exceeding targets
- (Preferred, not essential) experience selling to the litigation and/or legal sector
- Experience engaging with all levels of seniority when selling or negotiating
- Ability to learn new technologies alongside deep understanding of customer needs and pain points to be able to match products and solutions to requirements
- Expert at developing knowledge of industries, businesses and customer needs through a consultative approach to enterprise sales.
- Commercial persona with a solutions-orientated “roll your sleeves up” approach
- Superior spoken, written and visual communication and presentation skills
Shieldpay is an equal opportunities employer. For Shieldpay building a fair and transparent workforce begins with the recruitment process that does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We asked employees of Shieldpay how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Shieldpay
Gender diversity (male:female)
M:59% F:39% NB:1% TRANS:1%
Fleet Street, London