As an Accounts Assistant, you'll be an integral part of our finance team, responsible for supporting various financial activities. Your role will involve tasks such as liaising with Customer Operations on our aged debtors, bank reconciliations and posting invoices.
But it's more than just numbers. We're seeking someone who can bring a fresh perspectivemand an eagerness to learn and grow within the finance function.
Collaboration is key. You'll work closely with our finance team to ensure the smooth operation of our financial processes. Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy are essential qualities we value in this role.
Furthermore, we believe in nurturing talent and providing opportunities for professional development. You'll have the chance to expand your knowledge and skills in the finance field while contributing to our organisation's financial stability and growth. So, if you're a finance enthusiast looking for a dynamic role in a supportive environment, we invite you to explore this exciting opportunity to join our finance team and make a meaningful impact.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for accounts receivable, credit control and liaising with the operations team in resolving customer queries.
- Post monthly invoices, statements, and credit memos
- Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies, propose solutions
- Maintain Spendesk and ensure expenses comply with the company policy
- Reconcile the group bank accounts in Netsuite on a daily basis
What we're looking for in you
- Previous experience as an Accounting Assistant, book-keeper or Accounting Clerk
- Knowledge of basic book-keeping procedures
- Ability to spot numerical errors and resolve them
- Attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
Shieldpay is an equal opportunities employer. For Shieldpay building a fair and transparent workforce begins with the recruitment process that does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We asked employees of Shieldpay how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Shieldpay
Gender diversity (male:female)
M:59% F:39% NB:1% TRANS:1%
Fleet Street, London