Hello, we’re ScreenCloud.
Founded in 2015 and with 8500+ customers around the globe, ScreenCloud is a scaling cloud-based SaaS company, employing over 100 people across our hubs in Bangkok, Belfast, LA, Charlotte and London.
At ScreenCloud we’re hard at work helping businesses to make stronger connections at scale, and with those who are most important to them; their employees & their customers. By using the screens on their walls & the content in their systems we enable the sales, productivity & engagement that keep our customers’ businesses thriving.
We’re very proud of our product and we’re also incredibly proud of our people. It’s our ‘ScreenClouders’ and the culture they nurture that will take us where other companies just can’t go.
You’ll love working at ScreenCloud if you value transparency (join our monthly All Hands for business updates) flexibility (we’re one of Flexa’s Top Ten most flexible companies to work for) internationality (time zones don’t phase us) and integrity (join us, and you’ll also join our company-wide Share in Success scheme.)
We’re intentionally social. We think that spending time together is important… We think it’s so important that we arrange an annual company retreat, and we call it ScreenCloud Together! Each international hub regularly hosts visits from our teammates in other hubs. We balance regularly working from home with bright, well-designed office spaces - where we can see our own screens at play.
The RoleAs a core member of the software development team, you'll be involved heavily in the design, development and implementation of new systems, key services and features in order to take ScreenCloud’s platform to the next level. You'll also ensure the stability and reliability of the platform, improving our software delivery performance, decrease bugs in production amongst other exciting upcoming projects!
- Design, build and implement the new APIs and infrastructure that powers our whole digital signage services catalogue
- Build our microservices ecosystem following best practices to make it easier for developers across the company
- Spearhead experimentations, try new technologies to constantly improve the efficiency and quality of our platform Collaborate with designers, testers and product owners to ensure the customer experience is perfect always with a “security first” approach
- Building prototypes and MVPs to experiment with the constant stream of ideas for where we take digital screens next
- Creating technical documents for new software programs, or change requests, be able to diagram a solution, and discuss the flows of data across it
- Showing quality through precise monitoring and alerting, as well as effective logging in the event that something goes wrong
- Create new unit tests, ensuring old tests are refactored when needed
- Participating in code reviews and providing guidance on how to solve issues/concerns, debug, recognise all technical debts when applicable
- Improving system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures Assigning tasks to junior developers such as coding, testing, debugging
- Demonstrable experienced in web technology area.
- Experience with backend technologies such as Node.js, Express, or GraphQL, and the ability to build scalable, secure, and performant APIs
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, or Cypress, and the ability to write comprehensive unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Experience with Agile methodologies and tools such as Scrum, Kanban, or Jira, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong proficiency in TypeScript, including a deep understanding of object-oriented and functional programming concepts, as well as TypeScript-specific features such as interfaces and type definitions
- Proficiency in frontend development frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue.js
- Knowledge of frontend build tools such as Webpack, Babel, or Rollup, and experience configuring and optimizing these tools for large-scale projects
- Familiarity with database technologies such as SQL, MongoDB, or Firebase, Redis, and the ability to design and implement efficient database schemas and queries
- Proficiency in version control using Git, including experience with branching and merging strategies, code reviews, and continuous integration and deployment workflows
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to debug and troubleshoot complex issues across the entire stack, from frontend user interfaces to backend APIs and databases
Interview Process and Experience
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At ScreenCloud, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Here’s some information about how we recruit at ScreenCloud. We have a commitment to engaging with diverse talent and creating a consistently positive candidate experience; in order to help us achieve these goals we regularly deliver internal interview training. We are also committed to objective assessments and want to provide a realistic preview for each of our roles, so we are likely to ask you to complete a (manageable, not onerous and always hypothetical) task or challenge as part of the process.
If you require any reasonable adjustments, please let our friendly recruitment team know. We understand everyone is busy, so we like to streamline our interview processes with a focus on quality over quantity . This means our interview processes will be challenging and enriching, and (unless there is a particular reason for additional conversations), at most you’ll be attending three interviews before we make a decision.
At ScreenCloud our values are core, this means they are the starting point - they underpin everything we do and enable a culture we can be proud of, internally and externally.
Trust & TransparencyTrust underpins high levels of autonomy for every ScreenClouder, we trust your opinion and we encourage you to use your initiative. We are trusted to work flexibly with the freedom to define the best ways to do our best work. We’re trusted to be honest, and in turn are trusted to handle the honest truth. We create transparency with care; our Leadership team is accessible and here for you. We’re on this journey together, and we promise to keep you informed.
Unconventional & Brave One size never fits all and we are not copy-cats. We are happiest when we’re challenging traditional approaches, finding new paths, creating new territory and setting the benchmark. We work hard to nurture an inclusive environment that welcomes new and varying perspectives. We use our judgement and we take risks, because we know that what’s unusual today might be normal tomorrow.
IntegrityWe don’t compromise on integrity. We don’t avoid having real conversations and we won’t lie - to ourselves, to our customers, to our investors… to anybody! We want to build genuine, long-term relationships. We make decisions with the best interests of our colleagues and customers in mind.
Flexibility & Inclusivity
We don't love CVs here at ScreenCloud. We appreciate that your resume isn't an effective representation of you, your experience, your approach, your opinions or your potential. Equally, this job advert can't do justice to what being in this role will feel like on a daily basis.
We encourage you to get in touch, even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria.
And, if you need flexibility, we want to hear from you! If you'd love to find out more about this role, and you need to work ‘unusual’ hours, or you're looking for a part-time contract or have any potential individualised needs, we’re looking for people who can have positive impact… We're always open to talking about how we can enable that to happen.
FIND OUT MORE Check out our Bangkok, Belfast, LA and London hub pages.
Click here for some podcasting with our co-founders.
Read our culture blog here.
Get social! Follow us on Linkedin at @ScreenCloud - Digital Signage, and on Instagram at @Lifeatscreencloud
Unlimited annual leaveHybrid-friendly workingWorking from home fundFlexible working hoursProvident fundEnhanced parental leavePersonal development fundPrivate health insurance
We asked employees of ScreenCloud how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at ScreenCloud
Gender diversity (male:female)
LA, Belfast, London, Bangkok