Hello, we’re ScreenCloud.
Founded in 2015 and with 8500+ customers around the globe, ScreenCloud is a scaling cloud-based SaaS company, employing over 100 people across our hubs in Bangkok, Belfast, LA and London.
At ScreenCloud we’re hard at work helping businesses to make stronger connections at scale, and with those who are most important to them; their employees & their customers. By using the screens on their walls & the content in their systems we enable the sales, productivity & engagement that keep our customers’ businesses thriving.
We’re very proud of our product and we’re also incredibly proud of our people. It’s our ‘ScreenClouders’ and the culture they nurture that will take us where other companies just can’t go.
You’ll love working at ScreenCloud if you value transparency (join our monthly All Hands for business updates) flexibility (we’re one of Flexa’s Top Ten most flexible companies to work for) internationality (time zones don’t phase us) and integrity (join us, and you’ll also join our company-wide Share in Success scheme.)
We’re intentionally social. We think that spending time together is important… We think it’s so important that we arrange an annual company retreat, and we call it ScreenCloud Together! Each international hub regularly hosts visits from our teammates in other hubs. We balance regularly working from home with bright, well-designed office spaces - where we can see our own screens at play.
Studio is the app that powers all of ScreenCloud. Users sign up, then use Studio as a CMS to design content for screens, access our app store, manage their physical devices, and everything else.
It’s powered by React, GraphQL and Postgres. But now it’s time to write the next generation of Studio, starting from a clean slate and the latest in modern web development; hybrid apps with NextJS, blazing performance with edge networks, and an API gateway designed for anyone to build on.
You’ll be part of a team wholly responsible for each project it takes on, meaning Product/Design/Dev/QA all in the one team, with full power to shape its project. You’ll also help drive and ensure we strive for technical excellence when it comes to building and maintaining our modern web apps.
And of course being a product for TV screens, the end result is also a super visual experience that will keep a curious dev engaged for a long while to come!
- Write primarily in TypeScript on Node, with Postgres for data storage. Hybrid frontend/backend apps then deploy to Vercel
- Use cloud-native services (like s3 for file storage, CDNs, Datadog for logging etc) to enable you to hand over maintenance tasks for dedicated services, while you focus your efforts on the custom business logic of our applications
- Help design solutions that reduce complexity and orchestration across independent microservices (including making use of modern cloud native components that can do some of the heavy lifting for you, like hosted event buses and API Gateways)
- Explore our AI prototypes and experiment with how the workflows AI enables can make work lives better for our users every day
- Become a core member of the Studio group, building tools and best practices to make it easier for developers across the company to build on and extend our core CMS
- Collaborate with designers, testers and product owners to ensure the customer experience is perfect
- Get stuck in with us on prototypes and MVPs to experiment with the constant stream of ideas for where we take digital signage content and management next. Then help get the best of these into the hands of real customers of course
- You have worked with cloud providers like AWS and Azure in the past, and may have used some of their cloud-native services too, such as managed API gateways or database hosting
- You get involved in whiteboard sessions to design new solutions, and discuss the flows of data across isolated microservices and serverless functions
- You document your work, ensuring knowledge is readily available for both other members of the team, including the frontend developers hitting your services, but equally for new developers who may come across it many months down the line
- You relish the hard work of demonstrating quality through accurate monitoring and alerting, as well as effective logging for when things do go wrong
- You work best in small teams and deliver the highest quality code when you’re surrounded by great people. You go out of your way to share your knowledge and make difficult concepts understandable for the whole team
- NoSQL experience with services like DynamoDB, MongoDB and Redis
- GraphQL services, such as Apollo
- Database design and query optimisation on SQL services (We use Postgres)
- Working on modern webapps, built with tools like React or Angular
- End to end testing with tools like Playwright, Cypress, or Selenium
- APIs built in Node (Serverless, Express, Lambda etc)
- Improving build and deploy tooling for reliability and performance
Interview Process and Experience
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At ScreenCloud, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Here’s some information about how we recruit at ScreenCloud. We have a commitment to engaging with diverse talent and creating a consistently positive candidate experience; in order to help us achieve these goals we regularly deliver internal interview training. We are also committed to objective assessments and want to provide a realistic preview for each of our roles, so we are likely to ask you to complete a (manageable, not onerous and always hypothetical) task or challenge as part of the process.
If you require any reasonable adjustments, please let our friendly recruitment team know. We understand everyone is busy, so we like to streamline our interview processes with a focus on quality over quantity . This means our interview processes will be challenging and enriching, and (unless there is a particular reason for additional conversations), at most you’ll be attending three interviews before we make a decision.
At ScreenCloud our values are core, this means they are the starting point - they underpin everything we do and enable a culture we can be proud of, internally and externally.
Trust & TransparencyTrust underpins high levels of autonomy for every ScreenClouder, we trust your opinion and we encourage you to use your initiative. We are trusted to work flexibly with the freedom to define the best ways to do our best work. We’re trusted to be honest, and in turn are trusted to handle the honest truth. We create transparency with care; our Leadership team is accessible and here for you. We’re on this journey together, and we promise to keep you informed.
Unconventional & Brave One size never fits all and we are not copy-cats. We are happiest when we’re challenging traditional approaches, finding new paths, creating new territory and setting the benchmark. We work hard to nurture an inclusive environment that welcomes new and varying perspectives. We use our judgement and we take risks, because we know that what’s unusual today might be normal tomorrow.
IntegrityWe don’t compromise on integrity. We don’t avoid having real conversations and we won’t lie - to ourselves, to our customers, to our investors… to anybody! We want to build genuine, long-term relationships. We make decisions with the best interests of our colleagues and customers in mind.
Flexibility & Inclusivity
We don't love CVs here at ScreenCloud. We appreciate that your resume isn't an effective representation of you, your experience, your approach, your opinions or your potential. Equally, this job advert can't do justice to what being in this role will feel like on a daily basis.
We encourage you to get in touch, even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria.
And, if you need flexibility, we want to hear from you! If you'd love to find out more about this role, and you need to work ‘unusual’ hours, or you're looking for a part-time contract or have any potential individualised needs, we’re looking for people who can have positive impact… We're always open to talking about how we can enable that to happen.
FIND OUT MORE Check out our Bangkok, Belfast, LA and London hub pages.
Click here for some podcasting with our co-founders.
Read our culture blog here.
Get social! Follow us on Linkedin at @ScreenCloud - Digital Signage, and on Instagram at @Lifeatscreencloud
Unlimited annual leaveHybrid-friendly workingWorking from home fundFlexible working hoursProvident fundEnhanced parental leavePersonal development fundPrivate health insurance
We asked employees of ScreenCloud how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at ScreenCloud
Gender diversity (male:female)
LA, Belfast, London, Bangkok