Wildlife Fundraiser - Salisbury
Do you enjoy talking to people? Do you have great communication skills? Are you passionate about nature?
We have an amazing opportunity for someone to join our team as a Wildlife Fundraiser. Each day you will travel to different venues, set up an attractive fundraising stand and spend the day actively engaging with members of the public. The aim is to inspire people to become lifelong members, in this interesting and rewarding role.
If you don’t have fundraising experience… don’t worry, as full training will be provided! A company van is just one of the amazing benefits you will receive as part of your role… so apply today!
What do current employees say about this fantastic position?
‘Securing a membership is always a great feeling that stays with you. Being able to talk about things you are passionate about and learn a lot about wildlife is a real plus.’ - Membership Fundraiser - Current Employee
‘Fun, challenging, requires resilience, great colleagues.’ Indeed Review, April 2020
What’s in it for you?
Join a team that is making a real difference and inspiring people to save nature! You will be working in a rewarding role where you can draw on your own passions and interests.
You will receive:
- A contract that suits you – choose between 3, 4, and 5 days per week (7.5 hours on-site per day)
- A set salary, rather than working to commission
- No travel costs… as you have access to a company van, with fuel and parking paid for
- An annual volunteer day to spend with whichever charity you choose
- 34 days’ annual leave (including 8 bank holidays (pro-rata))
- Full training and comprehensive induction
- Career progression opportunities within Europe's largest conservation charity, and up to 4 weeks’ sabbatical opportunities for every 5 years of service
You don’t have to have fundraising experience. You don’t even need to know much about wildlife or conservation, due to our thorough induction programme.
What you do need, is a passion for saving nature and an engaging personality, along with the ability to tell a good story and communicate confidently. This really is a rewarding and enjoyable role, where the only requirement is to engage and inspire!
You may have worked in other areas where you have had to build face to face relationships such as hospitality, customer service, sales, sustainability, conservation, campaigning, income generation, business development, retail or in a volunteering capacity. However, it is your skills we are interested in rather than your work experience, as you will receive fantastic training and ongoing support as you start your career.
Please note that in order to carry out this role you will need a full driving licence and the right to work in the UK.
We are currently recruiting new starters for a start date of April/May 2023. Please note that in order to be considered for this post you will be required to upload your CV and complete a short online application form.
Before applying, please read through our candidate guidance notes and FAQs attached to the top of this vacancy. At the beginning of your application, you will be asked some screening questions - should you have any queries about these, please feel free to contact our dedicated Resourcing Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People of colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
RSPB is very flexible, and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Wildlife Fundraiser - North Oxford
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Wirral
- Part Time Food and Beverage Assistant
- Conservation Officer - Indonesia (Fixed-Term)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Essex
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Barnstaple
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Winchester
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Hereford
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Tewkesbury
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Swindon
- International Bycatch Project Officer
- Part Time Humber Reserves Estate Worker (Fixed Term)
- Project Officer - Lough Erne Landscape Partnership (Fixed Term)
- Species Recovery Officer
- Trainee Stalker - Cairngorms Connect
- Senior Conservation Officer - Yorkshire & Humber (Maternity Cover)
- Campaigns Developer
- Science Finance Officer (Fixed Term)
- Visitor Experience Assistant at RSPB South Stack (Fixed-Term)
- Project Manager - Tir Canol (Maternity Cover)
- Site Manager - North Highland Reserves
- Volunteer Development Officer
- Senior Site Manager - RSPB Geltsdale
- Investigations Liaison Officer (Maternity Cover)
- Senior Developer
- Part-Time Rural Surveyor - Midlands
- Biosecurity Officer - Wales (Fixed Term)
- Senior Site Manager
- Ecologist - Peatland Restoration Programme (Fixed Term)
- Senior Research Assistant - Social Sciences (Fixed Term)
- Senior Legacy Officer
- Assistant Warden
- Visitor Operations Manager (Fixed-Term) - RSPB The Lodge & Fowlmere
- Conservation Advisor - Dartmoor Moorland
- Investigations Officers (1 x Permanent, 1 x Fixed-Term)
- Pennaeth Ymgysylltu - Cymru / Head of Engagement - Wales
- Part-Time Centre Assistants (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Conservation Scientist - Avian Influenza (Fixed-Term)
- Part Time Tree Nursery Assistant
- Senior Rural Surveyor, Wareham Arc Recovery Project
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Part-Time or Full-Time - Land's End
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (22.5 hours and zero hours contracts)