Wildlife Fundraiser - Frampton Marsh
Do you enjoy talking to people? Do you have excellent communication skills? Are you passionate about nature?
‘Fun, challenging, requires resilience, great colleagues.’ Indeed Review, April 2020
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the team as a Wildlife Fundraiser. You will be based at RSPB Frampton Marsh, where you will set up an attractive fundraising stand and spend the day actively engaging with members of the public. The aim is to inspire people to become lifelong members, in this exciting and rewarding role.
This is a seasonal fixed-term post for six months. We reserve the right to extend or make this post permanent at any time. Weekday or weekend working options are available. Three days per week. Working from 10 am to 3 pm.
If you don’t have fundraising experience… don’t worry; full training will be provided! so apply today!
What do current employees say about this fantastic position?
‘Securing a membership is always a great feeling that stays with you. Being able to talk about things you are passionate about and learn a lot about wildlife is a real plus.’ - Membership Fundraiser - Current Employee.
What’s in it for you?
Join a team making a real difference and inspiring people to save nature! You will be working in a rewarding role where you can draw on your passions and interests.
You will receive the following:
- A contract that suits you
- A set salary, rather than working to commission
- An annual volunteer day to spend with whichever charity you choose
- 34 days’ annual leave (including 8 bank holidays (pro-rata))
- Full training and comprehensive induction
- Career progression opportunities within Europe's largest conservation charity, and up to 4 weeks’ sabbatical opportunities for every 5 years of service
You don’t have to have fundraising experience. You don’t even need to know much about wildlife or conservation, due to our thorough induction programme.
You need a passion for saving nature, an engaging personality, and the ability to tell a good story and communicate confidently. This is a rewarding and enjoyable role, where the only requirement is to engage and inspire!
You may have worked in other areas where you have had to build face-to-face relationships such as hospitality, customer service, sales, sustainability, conservation, campaigning, income generation, business development, retail or in a volunteering capacity. However, it is your skills we are interested in rather than your work experience, as you will receive fantastic training and ongoing support as you start your career.
We are currently recruiting new starters for a start date of April/May 2023. Please note that to be considered for this post, you must upload your CV and complete a short online application form.
Before applying, please read through our candidate guidance notes and FAQs attached to the top of this vacancy. At the beginning of your application, you will be asked some screening questions - should you have any queries about these, please feel free to contact our dedicated Resourcing Advisor - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we will hold an open briefing session for anyone interested in learning more about this role. This will be via Microsoft Teams on Saturday, the 1st of April (15:45-16:30) and Tuesday, the 4th of April (17:15-18:00). If you would like to attend, please contact - Forest.email@example.com
If you are shortlisted, you will receive a link to complete a video questionnaire.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people on nature's side and more diverse people. People of colour and disabled people are underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sectors. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
RSPB is very flexible, and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Conservation Officer - Indonesia (Fixed-Term)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Essex
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Barnstaple
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Winchester
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Hereford
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Tewkesbury
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Swindon
- International Bycatch Project Officer
- Part Time Humber Reserves Estate Worker (Fixed Term)
- Project Officer - Lough Erne Landscape Partnership (Fixed Term)
- Species Recovery Officer
- Trainee Stalker - Cairngorms Connect
- Senior Conservation Officer - Yorkshire & Humber (Maternity Cover)
- Campaigns Developer
- Science Finance Officer (Fixed Term)
- Visitor Experience Assistant at RSPB South Stack (Fixed-Term)
- Project Manager - Tir Canol (Maternity Cover)
- Site Manager - North Highland Reserves
- Volunteer Development Officer
- Senior Site Manager - RSPB Geltsdale
- Investigations Liaison Officer (Maternity Cover)
- Senior Developer
- Part-Time Rural Surveyor - Midlands
- Biosecurity Officer - Wales (Fixed Term)
- Senior Site Manager
- Ecologist - Peatland Restoration Programme (Fixed Term)
- Senior Research Assistant - Social Sciences (Fixed Term)
- Senior Legacy Officer
- Assistant Warden
- Visitor Operations Manager (Fixed-Term) - RSPB The Lodge & Fowlmere
- Conservation Advisor - Dartmoor Moorland
- Investigations Officers (1 x Permanent, 1 x Fixed-Term)
- Pennaeth Ymgysylltu - Cymru / Head of Engagement - Wales
- Part-Time Centre Assistants (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Conservation Scientist - Avian Influenza (Fixed-Term)
- Part Time Tree Nursery Assistant
- Senior Rural Surveyor, Wareham Arc Recovery Project
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Part-Time or Full-Time - Land's End
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (22.5 hours and zero hours contracts)