Do you have great communication skills, and a passion to raise crucial funds for wildlife? Are you resilient and looking for your next challenge?
Joining our team in East Devon, you will travel to a local venue each day in your company van, set up an attractive fundraising stand, and spend the day actively engaging with members of the public, inspiring people to become lifelong members of our charity.
‘Rewarding but hard work. On a day-to-day basis, you engage with members of the public and inspire them to become members. You do have to work alone a lot, but you never feel alone because of the support network and community that defines the organisation. You travel to a variety of venues, come rain and shine, and have some amazing (and some not so amazing) conversations with people. Securing a membership is always a great feeling that stays with you. Being able to talk about things you are passionate about and learn a lot about wildlife is a real plus.’
Membership Fundraiser (Current Employee - Chesterfield, Derbyshire – 31 March 2020– Indeed Review)
Benefits of the role include:
- An opportunity to join a great team that is making a real difference and inspiring people to save nature;
- A contract that suits you – choose between 3, 4, and 5 days per week (7.5 hours on-site per day);
- A set salary, rather than working to commission;
- A company van, with fuel and parking paid for;
- An annual volunteer day to spend with whichever charity you choose;
- 34 days’ annual leave (including 8 bank holidays (pro-rata));
- Full training and comprehensive induction;
- Career progression opportunities within Europe's largest conservation charity, and up to 4 weeks’ sabbatical opportunities for every 5 years of service
What we need from you:
You don’t need to know much about wildlife or conservation, as we run a thorough induction program and offer fantastic training and ongoing support. What you will have is:
- Enthusiasm and passion for saving nature;
- Enjoy working outdoors - solo as well as part of a team;
- An ability to tell a good story, and communicate confidently;
- A resilience to rejection;
- Comfortable asking people for monthly donations;
- A full driving licence that’s valid in the UK (manual or automatic); and
- Happy to work 3 out of 4 weekends, and bank holidays.
This is a permanent position, with your choice of a 3, 4, or 5-day per week contract. The closing date for this vacancy is Sunday 7th August at midnight.
Please see the FAQs at the top of this vacancy for further information. Should you have any additional queries about this vacancy, please feel free to contact our dedicated Resourcing Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
We run a monthly induction for all new Membership Fundraisers around the UK, and are currently recruiting new starters for a start date of either 1st September or early October 2022.
Please note that in order to be considered for this post you will be required to upload your CV and complete a short online application form. Before applying, we would encourage you to read through the candidate guidance notes and FAQs attached to the top of this advert.
Please note that we are actively recruiting for this role, and reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient applications have been received. We will be conducting interviews on an ongoing basis, so please don’t delay in submitting your application!
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries