We're looking for a team player with excellent people skills combined with a passion for connecting people with nature. Working at Frampton Marsh reserve, you'll be providing a unique and fascinating visitor experience inspiring our visitors to support nature conservation now and in the future. This role is fundamental in ensuring we have the highest quality of visitor experience for both new and existing audiences.
On the edge of The Wash, the largest wetland in England, in South Lincolnshire RSPB Frampton Marsh has a fantastic diversity of wetland habitats, with freshwater lagoons, wet grassland, saltmarsh and reedbed all in close proximity. The reserve has more breeding wading birds than any other RSPB nature reserve in England (around 500 pairs in summer) and in winter tens of thousands of waterbirds crammed into a small area make for magical spectacles. During the Spring and Autumn numerous birds pass through and stop over to refuel giving Frampton a national reputation for the quality and quantity of its birdlife. Along with our sister reserve Freiston Shore, Frampton is managed by a fabulous team of 14 staff and 90 volunteers. In February 2023 we opened our new café extension to the Visitor Centre which has panoramic views over the wetlands, so visitors can look down and watch Wigeon eating their lunch while they eat theirs! Despite all this we’re only just getting started. We’d love to have your creativity and ideas to help us on this journey of doing even more fun stuff for our visitors and the reserve.
You will be working with the Visitor Experience Manager and volunteers to ensure a coherent visitor offer is delivered whilst also working with England and HQ colleagues to ensure the highest quality of RSPB visitor experience.
The ideal candidates will have strong communicating skills, proven experience at delivering events and a high standard of visitor experience - if that's you we'd love to hear from you!
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
• Computer literate to include professional use of social media to adhere to brand requirements.
• Working knowledge of visitor engagement techniques.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
• A team player who can motivate and inspire people.
• Problem solving skills and ability to work on own initiative.
• Ability to manage and respond to customer needs and feedback.
• Ability to maximise opportunities for visitor engagement and income generation.
• Able to build and maintain strong working relationships.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
• Experience of managing and delivering against targets and KPI’s.
• Experience of analysing and interpreting data in a visitor experience environment.
• Successful experience of managing or supporting a team of staff and/or volunteers.
• Having contributed to a successful visitor project or visitor attraction.
• Tourism or leisure related qualification, ideally at HND level or equivalent.
• Working knowledge of Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
• Health & Safety in the workplace.
This is a Permanent role for 37.5 hours per week.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 9th January 2024. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of this application process you will be asked to complete an application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience listed above.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People of colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
This role is not eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship - the successful applicant will need to have a pre-existing Right to Work in the UK in order to be offered an employment contract.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries