Senior Fundraising Officer - Fixed term
If you are enthusiastic about the RSPB’s mission and can demonstrate your talents and transferable skills for fundraising, line management and leadership, we would like to hear from you.
What is the role about?
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual with charisma, resource and initiative, collaborators who can embody our one team approach to fundraising. You will oversee and directly contribute to income generation, be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and enjoy getting things done. As a bold ambassador for the RSPB, you will develop excellent relationships across RSPB teams and with a range of significant funders and partners.
The role will involve you working alongside your Fundraising Manager to develop and implement fundraising strategy. You will line manage a Fundraising Officer and play a vital role in fostering team culture and developing fundraising expertise.
You will make a significant contribution to developing projects and be responsible for compiling high quality funding applications to secure income for our fantastic portfolio of work including nature reserves, visitor facilities, people engagement and nature recovery projects. Experience of line management is desirable, alongside working with and through others to achieve results, being part of project teams, extracting the best from individuals and achieving success through partnership working.
Essentials skills and experience:
(This is not an exhaustive list and we will accept applications from people who can fulfil the below or show an ability to pick up any of the below if necessary for the role.)
• An A-level education or equivalent level or experience that equates
• GCSE Maths & English or equivalent
• Understanding of fundraising (grants, trusts, businesses) & donor and supporter motivations
• Understanding of & application of project management principles
• Proven experience in fundraising/sales & delivering to income targets
• Proven experience of relationship development in an outward facing role in not for profit or private sector
• Proven experience of team work
• Excellent writing communication skills
• Budget management skills
• Able to interpret complex information & communicate it simply to target audiences
• Able to deliver high level of customer service to a variety of audiences
• Persuasive communicator & negotiator with the ability to influence
• Able to work under own initiative, with the confidence to ask for support & direction when needed
• Solutions focused approach, with the ability to overcome setbacks in order to get the right outcome for the RSPB
• Able to organise oneself effectively and prioritise work to get the right things done
• Working knowledge of due diligence and legal compliance in the charity sector which will enable you to ensure contractual obligations are communicated to project executives and budget holders, ensuring the RSPB upholds its reputation as an NGO that can deliver.
• Competent user of core Microsoft Office apps
Interest/passion for nature
Degree or equivalent
Understanding team dynamics, what it takes to lead a team/be part of a successful team: recognising motivation, confidence, and competence as drivers for success
Professional or academic qualification in fundraising
Experience of working with volunteers
Understanding of the charity sector and associated fundraising techniques
This role is Fixed -Term for six months, Full -Time maternity leave cover for 37.5 hours per week.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this role from Friday 28th April. For further information please contact email@example.com
As part of this application process you will be asked to complete an application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience listed above.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People of colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
RSPB is very flexible, and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Conservation Officer - Indonesia (Fixed-Term)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Essex
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Barnstaple
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Winchester
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Hereford
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Tewkesbury
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Swindon
- International Bycatch Project Officer
- Part Time Humber Reserves Estate Worker (Fixed Term)
- Project Officer - Lough Erne Landscape Partnership (Fixed Term)
- Species Recovery Officer
- Trainee Stalker - Cairngorms Connect
- Senior Conservation Officer - Yorkshire & Humber (Maternity Cover)
- Campaigns Developer
- Science Finance Officer (Fixed Term)
- Visitor Experience Assistant at RSPB South Stack (Fixed-Term)
- Project Manager - Tir Canol (Maternity Cover)
- Site Manager - North Highland Reserves
- Volunteer Development Officer
- Senior Site Manager - RSPB Geltsdale
- Investigations Liaison Officer (Maternity Cover)
- Senior Developer
- Part-Time Rural Surveyor - Midlands
- Biosecurity Officer - Wales (Fixed Term)
- Senior Site Manager
- Ecologist - Peatland Restoration Programme (Fixed Term)
- Senior Research Assistant - Social Sciences (Fixed Term)
- Senior Legacy Officer
- Assistant Warden
- Visitor Operations Manager (Fixed-Term) - RSPB The Lodge & Fowlmere
- Conservation Advisor - Dartmoor Moorland
- Investigations Officers (1 x Permanent, 1 x Fixed-Term)
- Pennaeth Ymgysylltu - Cymru / Head of Engagement - Wales
- Part-Time Centre Assistants (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Conservation Scientist - Avian Influenza (Fixed-Term)
- Part Time Tree Nursery Assistant
- Senior Rural Surveyor, Wareham Arc Recovery Project
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Part-Time or Full-Time - Land's End
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (22.5 hours and zero hours contracts)