RSPB Business Systems Administrator
As a result of an internal promotion, we now have a vacancy for a Business Systems Administrator to join a recently formed group which provides comprehensive technical support to a range of CRM solutions.
The Systems Administration Team is responsible for the management and configuration of a number of RSPB applications including the HR system “iTrent” from "MyHR, the Volunteer Management System “Assemble”, the Customer Management System “Salesforce”, and the Events Management System “Nutickets”.
As a member of the Systems Administration team, you will have primary responsibility for managing one of the above applications. Each member of the team will also have responsibility for a secondary application as well to ensure that continuous support can be provided at all times for the applications that the team is collectively responsible for.
The Systems Administration team is part of the RSPB's Digital Business Data Management function, working closely alongside our data developers who will provide more complex coding and integration between systems where required.
The System Administrator will need to ensure that users have the appropriate access, provide support for testing new functionality, managing change requests and liaising with the 3rd party supplier to resolve problems in a timely manner. Also work with business users to ensure that we maximise the value of the data associated with the respective systems.
What’s the role about?
You will work closely with the stakeholders relating to the application you will be responsible for supporting.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Providing day to day management and support for the application you are primarily responsible for.
- Performing administrative tasks such as maintaining the user access, ensuring the organisation's hierarchy meets the ongoing needs of the business and that permissions are appropriate to an end user's role in the organisation.
- Communicating regularly with the users to support them in their role, troubleshooting issues raised and providing prompt resolution.
- Managing new application releases and helping to roll out new features and functionality as well as communicating with and educating users about system changes, and liaising with the Quality Assurance function.
- Monitoring reports such as “Leaving Employees” and ensuring that appropriate action is taken where necessary such that system access remains accurate and up to date.
- Facilitating workshops and other requirement gathering initiatives.
- Maintaining technical documents or training materials and keeping them updated in line with functional changes.
- Provision of training / education support to new users, ensuring that system usage remains optimal and per best practice.
- Designing and executing functional testing to ensure software updates can be implemented without a negative impact on the user experience.
- Ensure colleagues in the Systems Administration function are kept informed of notable activities and that continuous support is available.
- Maximising the use of data in the system for example the provision of Management Information reports or analytical capabilities.
As part of the Systems Administration team, you will also be expected to develop a basic understanding across a range of CRM products to provide support for others to cover periods of absence.
Key contacts and relationships:
- Head of Section and their reports
- Account Manager at the relevant software supplier
- RSPB Technology Customer Service Manager
- RSPB Employees with an interest in utilising the relevant application
- Head of Technology Operations and direct reports
- I.T. Service Desk
What we need from you:
You will have demonstrable experience of responsibility for managing an I.T application, and ideally be familiar with a range of existing RSPB applications and dealing with matters outlined above. The key personal attributes we’re looking for will include:
- Working for a non-profit organisation, as this brings its own unique challenges and rewards.
- A high level of attention to detail, to ensure data remains accurate and that changes and improvements to functionality are designed and implemented effectively
- The ability to translate users business requirements into structured development and test plans and to configure the relevant application where required.
- Ability to communicate well and across a range of skilled and unskilled system users, providing training on a range of levels
- Able to contribute to the definition of and ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, organisational policy & frameworks and best practice standards
- Able to apply continuous improvement approaches/roadmaps and assist in the generation of innovative ideas that build upon and improve existing functionality
- Responsibility for the management and operation of small technical/research/programmes of work and contributing to their delivery both in a reactive and planned nature
- Experience of delivering technically complex I.T. Systems to meet project/operational requirements and ensure quality standards and best practices are met.
- Good practical use of Microsoft Office products.
UPDATED 20/03/2023 - PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOW ARRANGING INTERVIEWS. THE AD WILL CLOSE AS SOON AS WE IDENTIFY A SUITABLE CANDIDATE WHICH MAY BE BEFORE THE PUBLISHED CLOSING DATE.
Please feel free to get in touch via email should you have any queries.
Head of Data Development and Systems Administration
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
I feel the RSPB is very flexible and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late, if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Assistant Warden - Fixed term
- Part-Time Food and Beverage Assistant Manager
- Senior Fundraising Officer - Fixed term
- Wildlife Fundraiser - South Essex/North London
- Catering Assistant
- Visitor Experience Assistant
- Senior Project Manager - Curlews in Crisis (Fixed-Term)
- Whose Hoo Community Engagement Development Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Whose Hoo Development Manager (Fixed-Term)
- Retail Assistant - RSPB Leighton Moss Nature Reserve (Part-Time)
- Senior Rural Surveyor, Wareham Arc Recovery Project
- Senior Estates Surveyor - Central Scotland
- Community Engagement Officer, Mull of Galloway - fixed term
- Senior Financial Accountant
- Administrator - Frampton Marsh Nature Reserve
- Cafe Worker - Variable Hours
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Frampton Marsh
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Central Kent
- Lead Carbon Data Analyst
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Dorset/Somerset
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Gloucester
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Salisbury
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Oswestry
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Liverpool
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Glasgow
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Dundee
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Bradford/Sheffield
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Nottingham/Sherwood Forest
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Derby
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Buxton
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Wolverhampton
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Birmingham
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Carlisle/Penrith Area
- 2 x Seasonal Mountain Ranger - Fixed Term
- Catering Assistant (Part-Time)
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (Variable Hours)
- Project Manager (Wales)
- Visitor Experience Manager – RSPB Minsmere
- Part Time Community Connector - Fixed term
- Centre Assistant - fixed term
- Kitchen Assistants x2 (Part-Time)
- Conservation Officer - Lough Neagh (Fixed-Term)
- Fundraising Manager (Maternity Cover)
- Fundraising Officer - Scotland
- Volunteering Development Officer
- Senior Policy Officer - Agriculture
- Seasonal Ranger x 1.5 - (Fixed Term)
- Field Officer - Peatland Restoration
- Assistant Warden, Orkney Reserves
- Head of Safety Management
- Conservation Adviser
- Investigations Intelligence Manager
- PeacePlus Programme Manager - Northern Ireland (Fixed-Term)
- Community Fundraising Manager - Scotland (Part-Time)
- Senior Administrator
- Conservation Officer - East County Down
- Warden - RSPB Ynys-hir
- Field Officer - RSPB Lumbister (Fixed-Term)
- Seabird Assistant (seasonal) Coquet Island (2 posts)
- Loch Ruthven Summer Ranger
- Biodiversity Adviser - RSPB idverde Bromley
- Finance Officer (Part-Time)