We are looking for enthusiastic team players to join us as Retail Assistants at our Leighton Moss reserve in Silverdale, and help us deliver fantastic customer service.
The main focus of the Retail Assistant role is to serve customers and ensure they have the best experience possible. You will also help maintain the retail displays, process deliveries, operate the till, and respond to visitor enquiries in a friendly and professional manner.
Working on a nature reserve means there’s always plenty going on and you’ll need to be prepared to deal with almost anything. You will receive full training and support on all aspects of RSPB Retail, which will enable you to drive sales, be a positive role model to the team, and an ambassador for the RSPB.
- Ensuring the retail store is delivering the highest standard of customer care.
- Working with the retail management team to achieve financial targets and Key Performance Indicators to deliver against retail store goals.
- Ensure the retail store is commercially merchandised and stock levels are appropriate.
- Ensuring all retail admin, operating processes, security including cash handling and health and safety in the retail store adheres to RSPB procedures.
The successful candidate will be available to work during the day (no evenings), and weekend and Bank Holiday working will be essential.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent.
- Computer literate.
- Enthusiastic approach to work.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to manage and respond to customer needs and feedback.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Desirable qualifications, knowledge, skills, and experience
- Experience of working at a retail environment/visitor attraction.
- Experience of working in a sales background.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Merchandising skills.
- Till operation and payment handling.
This is a Permanent Part-Time role for 14 hours per week and will usually be worked over 2 x 7.5 hour shifts each week.
Casual/Zero-hour contracts may be available for those wanting something with more flexible shift patterns.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from WC 23rd January 20023. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Retail Manager).
As part of this application, you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete a short form. If you wish to provide a cover letter with your application, please include this at the end of your CV document upload.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries