This is an exciting year for the RSPB – our new Strategy to 2030 will help us make the contributions necessary to save nature in the next crucial few years.
The Strategy will be delivered through a newly established Portfolio management structure. The Transformation team sits within the Organisation, Workforce and Leadership Portfolio and feeds into the People Delivery Planning Group, which will set the strategic direction and key areas of activity for our work. Together we are focused on bringing to life our organisational aspirations for our people.
As Programme Officer within the Transformation team, you will be working with and reporting directly to the Head of Programme Planning and Reporting. You will be part of a wider, integrated team of programme and project professionals, which includes volunteers.
On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for:
- Collating data from a range of sources and keeping key documentation up to date. This information will be used to help shape projects and programmes which are currently in delivery and support with the commissioning of new work.
- Providing first line response to queries and questions about the Transformation team and key programmes and projects received from stakeholders and cross organisational activities.
- Working collaboratively with members of the Projects and Programmes team to co-ordinate and collate submission of status reports including key risks and issues, ensuring that deadlines are met including in times of absence.
- To actively take part in the team meetings to highlight issues and/or pinch points in the programme delivery and identify solutions.
- Co-ordinating wider team activities which contribute to the culture of the team. This could include running sessions within team meetings or chairing informal sessions.
- Scheduling meetings with key stakeholders.
- Providing support to the Head of Programme Planning and Reporting in facilitating and administering the People Delivery Planning Group.
- Working directly with our dedicated team of volunteer Project Reviewers, you will support project and programme Managers to co-ordinate reviews.
- Delegating appropriately to administrative function to support the delivery of the Transformation key programmes.
- To take a lead in the management of the programme SharePoint (online document filing platform).
- As we look to meet the future challenge in saving nature, there could be opportunities for you to manage or support discrete areas of activity including projects or change activities.
- Change is a key part of the role so you will be able to manage the effect this has on your day to day tasks and be comfortable with an iterative and agile approach to processes and systems.
What we need from you
- We are looking for a professional and engaging individual with experience working within a changing environment.
- Experience of developing, maintaining and continuously improving documentation and programme level information.
- Experience of managing data and keeping documentation up to date.
- Ability to keep a schedule of programme activities up to date.
- Ability to collate data from different sources to meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide first line response to question/queries.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Experience of independently managing and prioritising workload making best use of time management skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including Senior Leaders.
- Excellent proactive communication skills.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary or cross functional team.
- Experience of working with volunteers.
- Experience of using Excel, PowerPoint and Visio to bring data entry to life.
- A qualification in programme or project management.
-Change management qualification.
- Experience of working within a Portfolio Management structure
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position in January 2023. Should you have any enquiries about this vacancy, please contact Suzie.Kennedy@RSPB.org.uk
Please note that you will be required to complete an application form where you will have the opportunity to tell us how you meet the criteria set above.
Before applying to this role we would recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of our advert.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries