We’re recruiting for Food and Beverage Team Members at The Lodge Nature Reserve Cafe.
About the RSPB
As the UK’s largest nature conservation charity, we think big and act boldly, in the hope that one day we can see a world where wildlife, wild places and all people thrive. Our Food and Beverage teams raise vital funds which enable us to carry out globally important conservation work in the race to save nature.
This Role is based at The Lodge Nature Reserve, Potton Road, Sandy, SG19 2DL
About the Role:
As a Food and Beverage Team Member, you will be responsible for day-to-day tasks in the cafe. Working with a Food and Beverage Manager, Assistant Manager and Team Members, you will be providing a warm, welcoming atmosphere for our visitors to enjoy nature-friendly food and drink in an incredible setting. You will strive to achieve cafe targets, be a friendly and supportive team player and have a genuine desire to deliver great customer service.
Typical opening hours for the cafe are between 9am and 5pm. Team Member positions cover varied shift patterns of 5 days over 7 on a Full-Time contract, with weekend and occasional evening working.
We have a number of positions available, including Full and Part Time contracts.
Salary range: £10.90 – £11.70 per hour.
Key Skills Areas
- Support the Food and Beverage Team in day-to-day operations.
- Provides a warm welcome for our visitors, is helpful and friendly with a positive attitude.
- Preparing, merchandising, and serving food and drink to Visitors.
- Ensure all daily checklists and tasks are completed according to RSPB standards.
- Awareness of health and safety in the workplace, willing to undertake Food Hygiene Level 2.
- Awareness of targets – to be able to use great customer service and communication skills to increase sales.
- Able to communicate effectively, maintain positive relationships, working together with the wider Reserve team.
What you can bring to The RSPB:
- A positive outlook, can-do attitude, willing to develop new skills.
- A genuine desire to deliver amazing customer service.
- A passion for good food and drink.
- Level 2 Food Safety (Desirable)
- GCSE Maths and English, or equivalent (Desirable)
What can the RSPB offer you?
- Daytime working, no split shifts
- Discounts in RSPB Retail Shops, Cafes and Holiday Cottage
- High street discounts through Charity Worker Discounts
- Free entry to RSPB Reserves
- Investment in your Personal and Professional Development
- RSPB Pension Scheme, with matching employer contributions
- Health and Wellbeing support, including Employee Assistance Programme and free flu vaccine
- One paid volunteering day per year for a voluntary organisation of your choice.
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
For any questions or an informal chat about the role, please contact Food and Beverage Manager, Joy: Joy.Buchanan@RSPB.org.uk
As part of this application, you will be asked to complete a short online application form in addition to submitting your CV. Training, support, and development will be offered as part of this role.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People of colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
Before applying for this role, we recommend visiting the site and reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert. Please note that we are actively recruiting for this vacancy, and reserve the right to close once sufficient applications have been received.
This role is not eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship - the successful applicant will need to have a pre-existing Right to Work in the UK in order to be offered an employment contract.
Please note that we are actively recruiting for this vacancy, will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, and reserve the right to close once sufficient applications have been received.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries