We are looking for 2 part-time Cleaners to join the team and clean our facilities across two RSPB sites in the Aire Valley – Fairburn Ings & St Aidan’s.
RSPB the Aire Valley sites are some of the most popular RSPB locations in the country with around 200,000 visitors a year. We have a newly refurbished café offering at St Aidan’s and a well-established shop at Fairburn Ings.
This is a wonderful opportunity to become part of the Aire Valley team. So if you’re a team player with energy and enthusiasm, we would love to hear from you!
As a member of our team, you must be committed to delivering the highest standards of cleaning, presentation, and service. Your main duties will include thorough cleaning of the shop, café, toilets and offices, you’ll be a self -motivated individual, efficient and have a great eye for detail when it comes to cleaning.
You’ll help make our experience for visitor’s extras special by ensure all our facilities are clean and pleasant to use. You’ll maintain the highest of standard in cleaning across all indoor visitor spaces and staff & volunteer welfare areas, you’ll be willing to work as part of a rota to cover weekends, bank holidays and other staff leave. The sites are open all year round, closing only on Christmas day and boxing day.
- Cleaning is carried out in the morning, before the shop and café open at 10am.
- Requires regular working on weekends and bank holidays.
- A willingness to work overtime is essential to allow us to cover colleague holidays and absence.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Knowledge of the use of cleaning products (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) to ensure products are used in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace and manual handling.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to engage positively and communicate effectively with office and site staff.
- Experience of working in a busy commercial environment.
- Experience of managing and safely transporting cleaning products around the site / office.
Desirable criteria :
- Knowledge of environmental issues.
- Interest in the environment and sustainable living.
These are permanent, part-time contract for 6 hours per week across 3 to 4 days per week. These will be varied, based on a rota, and will include work regular weekends and bank holidays.
For more information on these roles, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the location of our sites, there is no public transport access at Fairburn and therefore we would encourage you to consider how you would commute here prior to applying.
As part of this application you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete a short form. If you wish to provide a cover letter with your application, please include this at the end of your CV document upload.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. This role is not eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship - the successful applicant will need to have a pre-existing Right to Work in the UK in order to be offered an employment contract.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries