Part-Time - Cleaner
Working with our existing cleaner, you will be responsible for the cleaning of the offices and visitor centre at RSPB Old Moor. We have recently invested in our visitor infrastructure thanks to National Lottery Heritage funded project and we're keen to keep the facilities cleaned to a high standard and ensure all visitors enjoy their visit. This is for 2 hours a day, 3 days a week (total 6 hrs) working from 3pm to 5pm. Preference would be Mon, Wed and Fridays.
What's the role about?
Working with our existing cleaner, you will be responsible for the cleaning of the offices and visitor centre at RSPB Old Moor. We have recently invested in our visitor infrastructure thanks to National Lottery Heritage funded project and we’re keen to keep the facilities cleaned to a high standard and ensure all visitors enjoy their visit. You’ll follow directions from the Facilities Manager who sets your work programme each week, you’ll feedback any issues on site or low stock levels.
Main duties will include:
Hoovering and mopping floors
Cleaning the public and staff toilets and shower; refilling toilet rolls, soap and hand towel dispensers
Check stock levels of cleaning materials
Dusting and wiping desks
Cleaning high touch points such as doors, handles, switches and mirrors
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
Knowledge of the use of cleaning products to ensure products are used in a safe and appropriate manner (COSHH).
An understanding of colour coding cleaning tools and avoiding cross contamination.
Understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace and manual handling.
Good time management skills
Good attention to detail
Ability to see from a customer’s point of view.
Ability to transport cleaning products around the officers and Visitor Centre
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
Experience of cleaning offices or a commercial environment
Some experience of cleaning busy public environments
Being able to work as a team with our cleaner, and cover holidays and illness where possible.
This is a permanent, part time role for 2 hours a day, 3 days a week. Our preference would be for a Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position as soon as possible, so please don't delay. For further information please contact email@example.com.
As part of this application you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete a short form. If you wish to provide a cover letter with your application, please include this at the end of your CV document upload. If you don't have a CV and you wish to make a direct application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with an expression of interest.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
I feel the RSPB is very flexible and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late, if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Assistant Warden - Fixed term
- Part-Time Food and Beverage Assistant Manager
- Senior Fundraising Officer - Fixed term
- Wildlife Fundraiser - South Essex/North London
- Catering Assistant
- Visitor Experience Assistant
- Senior Project Manager - Curlews in Crisis (Fixed-Term)
- Whose Hoo Community Engagement Development Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Whose Hoo Development Manager (Fixed-Term)
- Retail Assistant - RSPB Leighton Moss Nature Reserve (Part-Time)
- Senior Rural Surveyor, Wareham Arc Recovery Project
- Senior Estates Surveyor - Central Scotland
- Community Engagement Officer, Mull of Galloway - fixed term
- Senior Financial Accountant
- Administrator - Frampton Marsh Nature Reserve
- Cafe Worker - Variable Hours
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Frampton Marsh
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Central Kent
- Lead Carbon Data Analyst
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Dorset/Somerset
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Gloucester
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Salisbury
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Oswestry
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Liverpool
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Glasgow
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Dundee
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Bradford/Sheffield
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Nottingham/Sherwood Forest
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Derby
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Buxton
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Wolverhampton
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Birmingham
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Carlisle/Penrith Area
- 2 x Seasonal Mountain Ranger - Fixed Term
- Catering Assistant (Part-Time)
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (Variable Hours)
- Project Manager (Wales)
- Visitor Experience Manager – RSPB Minsmere
- Part Time Community Connector - Fixed term
- Centre Assistant - fixed term
- Kitchen Assistants x2 (Part-Time)
- Conservation Officer - Lough Neagh (Fixed-Term)
- Fundraising Manager (Maternity Cover)
- Fundraising Officer - Scotland
- Volunteering Development Officer
- Senior Policy Officer - Agriculture
- Seasonal Ranger x 1.5 - (Fixed Term)
- Field Officer - Peatland Restoration
- Assistant Warden, Orkney Reserves
- Head of Safety Management
- Conservation Adviser
- Investigations Intelligence Manager
- PeacePlus Programme Manager - Northern Ireland (Fixed-Term)
- Community Fundraising Manager - Scotland (Part-Time)
- Senior Administrator
- Conservation Officer - East County Down
- Warden - RSPB Ynys-hir
- Field Officer - RSPB Lumbister (Fixed-Term)
- Seabird Assistant (seasonal) Coquet Island (2 posts)
- Loch Ruthven Summer Ranger
- Biodiversity Adviser - RSPB idverde Bromley
- Finance Officer (Part-Time)