Fundraising Manager (Maternity Cover)
3–4 days/week at home
Fully flexible hours
Do you have the passion, drive, professionalism and enthusiasm to raise funds for the RSPB, and play your part in saving nature in the coasts, countryside, and towns/cities of England? We’re offering a fantastic opportunity to hone your fundraising skills and lead a high performing team. If you are enthusiastic about the RSPB’s mission and can demonstrate your talent for fundraising, line management and leadership, we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual with charisma, resource and initiative, a collaborator who can embody our one team approach to fundraising. You will work alongside the Senior Fundraising Manager to lead the fundraising team in the delivery of our strategy. You will maximise income from external funding streams, utilising your fundraising and leadership capability to optimise team performance against agreed Key Performance Indicators.
As a flexible and adaptable innovator, you will enjoy getting things done. As a bold ambassador for the RSPB, you will develop excellent relationships across RSPB teams and with a range of funders and partners.
You will line manage a Senior Fundraising Officer and play a vital role in fostering team culture and developing fundraising expertise.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering innovative funding plans to secure income for our fantastic portfolio of work including nature reserves, people engagement and nature recovery projects. You will have experience of line management, working with and through others to achieve results, being part of project teams, extracting the best from individuals and achieving success through partnership working.
A working knowledge of due diligence and legal compliance in the charity sector will enable you to ensure contractual obligations are communicated to project executives and budget holders, ensuring the RSPB upholds its reputation as an NGO that can deliver.
The role can be conducted from a flexible location in England, either at home, a local reserve/ office, or both.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- Proven sales/fundraising track record, working to income targets
- Understanding of & application of project management principles, managing income & expenditure budgets
- Understanding of charity sector & fundraising expertise & IOF codes of conduct
- Proven leadership skills & ability to implement change
- Business acumen, ability to recognise opportunity & deliver return on investment
- Ability to communicate verbally & public speaking to all levels internally & externally
- Able to deliver a high level of customer service to a variety of audiences
- Proven experience of partnership development in charity/private sector
- Ability to assist development of projects with a range of partners
- Proven experience of writing reports & professional funding applications
- Competent user of core Microsoft Office apps
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Interest/passion for nature
- Professional/academic qualification in leadership, management, or fundraising
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Delivering learning & development sessions
This is a full-time, maternity cover contract. We are looking to conduct interviews for this role from Wednesday 12th April. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of this application process you will be asked to complete an application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience listed above.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People of colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
I feel the RSPB is very flexible and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late, if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Assistant Warden - Fixed term
- Part-Time Food and Beverage Assistant Manager
- Senior Fundraising Officer - Fixed term
- Wildlife Fundraiser - South Essex/North London
- Catering Assistant
- Visitor Experience Assistant
- Senior Project Manager - Curlews in Crisis (Fixed-Term)
- Whose Hoo Community Engagement Development Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Whose Hoo Development Manager (Fixed-Term)
- Retail Assistant - RSPB Leighton Moss Nature Reserve (Part-Time)
- Senior Rural Surveyor, Wareham Arc Recovery Project
- Senior Estates Surveyor - Central Scotland
- Community Engagement Officer, Mull of Galloway - fixed term
- Senior Financial Accountant
- Administrator - Frampton Marsh Nature Reserve
- Cafe Worker - Variable Hours
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Frampton Marsh
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Central Kent
- Lead Carbon Data Analyst
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Dorset/Somerset
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Gloucester
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Salisbury
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Oswestry
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Liverpool
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Glasgow
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Dundee
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Bradford/Sheffield
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Nottingham/Sherwood Forest
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Derby
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Buxton
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Wolverhampton
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Birmingham
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Carlisle/Penrith Area
- 2 x Seasonal Mountain Ranger - Fixed Term
- Catering Assistant (Part-Time)
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (Variable Hours)
- Project Manager (Wales)
- Visitor Experience Manager – RSPB Minsmere
- Part Time Community Connector - Fixed term
- Centre Assistant - fixed term
- Kitchen Assistants x2 (Part-Time)
- Conservation Officer - Lough Neagh (Fixed-Term)
- Fundraising Officer - Scotland
- Volunteering Development Officer
- Senior Policy Officer - Agriculture
- Seasonal Ranger x 1.5 - (Fixed Term)
- Field Officer - Peatland Restoration
- Assistant Warden, Orkney Reserves
- Head of Safety Management
- Conservation Adviser
- Investigations Intelligence Manager
- PeacePlus Programme Manager - Northern Ireland (Fixed-Term)
- Community Fundraising Manager - Scotland (Part-Time)
- Senior Administrator
- Conservation Officer - East County Down
- Warden - RSPB Ynys-hir
- Field Officer - RSPB Lumbister (Fixed-Term)
- Seabird Assistant (seasonal) Coquet Island (2 posts)
- Loch Ruthven Summer Ranger
- Biodiversity Adviser - RSPB idverde Bromley
- Finance Officer (Part-Time)