3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
What's the role about?
RSPB is looking for a Finance Officer to support the Country Director, Operations Director, and Area Managers in managing the annual regional budget and to undertake other financial administration for the regional team to ensure all income and expenditures are appropriately tracked and accounted for.
- Act as Finance Officer for RSPB Cymru and the main point of contact for the Finance Business Partner on all major budget and forecast queries.
- Co-ordinate and support timely receipt of budget forecasts and check accuracy of data in order to meet internal budget deadlines, including managing the budget spreadsheets for the country and working with budget holders to populate this for second forecast and next year’s budget.
- Establish, maintain and develop effective relationships with people at all levels on behalf of RSPB Cymru to ensure confidential and sensitive financial matters are handled appropriately and professionally, for example when dealing with salary information.
- Coordinate and attend budget review meetings in order to provide advice and support and contribute to the examination and challenge of data and budget assumptions
- Provide an overview of monthly management reports and transaction reports, highlighting any anomalies or errors to budget holders and provide support to make transaction amendments in order to ensure accurate tracking of all income and expenditure.
- Co-ordinate and support year end process and raise paperwork required by the Finance Department to support accurate completion of yearly annual accounts, including grant accruals, carry forwards and compliance within given timeframes.
- Provide support on country and UK-wide agri-environment payment schemes in RSPB Cymru, to include tracking payments, monitoring income, providing information for grant accruals.
- Identifying agreements that are ending and supporting any transition to new schemes as applicable, working closely with the site and land agency teams where required.
- Provide support to Project Managers in setting up and establishing the budgets for Society Major Projects and for all lifetime forecasts thereafter.
- Provide eBIS support to the Country Director, Operations Director and Area Managers as required, including processing of invoices.
- Provide timely and accurate information and support to RSPB Cymru Staff and colleagues enabling them to complete periodic budget reviews at key points in the year.
- Provide basic finance training for new staff as part of the country induction
What we need from you:
- Five GCSEs (or equivalent) to include Maths and English.
- Working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people within and external to the RSPB
- Financial analysis skills.
- Ability to read and understanding complex budget information.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.8.Organisational and time management skills.
- Experience of working with complex budget information
- Interest in the environment and sustainable living.
- Experience of working with volunteers.
- Ability to speak welsh
- Ability to drive
This is a Fixed-Term/ Part-Time role for 22 hours per week.
The RSPB reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 6th October 2022. For further information please contact email@example.com
As part of this application, you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete a short form. If you wish to provide a cover letter with your application, please include this at the end of your CV document upload.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.