We are currently looking to recruit vibrant and dynamic team players to join our catering team at Leighton Moss, Silverdale, Lancashire.
The Catering Assistant role is customer-focused, delivering exemplary customer care and service, exceeding all expectations. The role will be central in the daily operations of the café, handling customer orders and enquiries in a friendly and professional manner. No day is the same, so you will need to have the capacity to be flexible and adaptable.
Full training in Food Hygiene, Health and Safety at Work, RSPB procedures and processes will be provided, enabling you to be part of, and contribute to, a successful and busy team.
- Deliver exemplary customer service
- Assist the Catering Management team to drive sales and achieve set financial targets
- Ensure stock levels and controls are maintained
- Prepare and deliver fresh delicious food and drinks
- Ensure all legalities of Food Hygiene and Health and Safety standards are adhered to.
- Previous experience of working in the catering industry, working in high pressured environment
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent)
- An enthusiastic, positive, can-do approach to work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and respond to customers needs and feedback, in a professional manner
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work as part of a team, building and maintaining strong working relationships
Desirable knowledge, skills, and experience
- Experience of working in a pressurised catering/hospitality environment
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene standards and Health and Safety at work
- Till operation and cash handling
This is a permanent zero-hours contract. The café and visitor centre are operational 7 days a week, 364 days a year (closed Christmas Day) including weekends and bank holidays (no evening work). The successful candidate will be required to work during these hours.
We will be inviting candidates for interviews and trial shifts as we receive applications. We reserve the right to close the vacancy should a successful candidate be appointed to the position.
For further information please contact Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org (Catering Manager).
As part of this application, you will be asked to complete a short online application form in addition to submitting your CV. Training, support, and development will be offered as part of this role.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People of colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
Before applying for this role, we recommend visiting the site and reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries