Would you like to join our friendly team at Old Moor Café? Would you like to work for Europe’s largest conservation charity? Are you able to deliver fantastic customer service? Are you looking for a job with flexibility? Then this could be your ideal job.
About Old Moore
Old Moor is a family-friendly nature reserve in the heart of Yorkshire’s Dearne Valley. Blessed with a wide range of facilities and teeming with wildlife, there is something for everyone to enjoy, from idyllic walks or wildlife watching to pond dipping and our adventure playground. Our meadows are full of orchids, wildflowers, and butterflies in the summer. In winter, we are home to hundreds of ducks, swans and geese.
Our busy catering operation at Old Moor Reserve is looking for a catering assistant to join our friendly team. We are looking for an individual who can deliver the highest standards and customer care and assist with the day-to-day running of the café operation in line with set RSPB procedures and routines.
We are offering this role as a zero-hour contract. You will need to be available to work during the day, on weekends, and Bank holidays.
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop Discounts
- Friendly work environment
- An annual volunteer day to spend with whichever charity you choose
- 34 days’ annual leave (including 8 bank holidays (pro-rata))
- Flexible working hours
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Enthusiastic approach to work,
- High understanding of the principals of food hygiene;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work on own initiative;
- Ability to manage and respond to customer needs and feedback;
- Working in target driven/pressured environment;
- Working on the till, card machine, cashing up;
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of working at a café/bar/pub;
- Knowledge of food and food service skills;
- Computer skills.
This is a Permanent Part-Time role.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 1/5/23. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of this application, you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete a short form. If you wish to provide a cover letter with your application, please include this at the end of your CV document upload.
This role may be ideal for students or those needing flexible hours. Ideal transferable skills - Retail, Customer Service, Catering, Hospitality, Nature, Sustainability, Climate Change, Students, Flexible working.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
This role is not eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship - the successful applicant will need to have a pre-existing Right to Work in the UK to be offered an employment contract.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people on nature's side and more diverse people. People of colour and disabled people are underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sectors. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
RSPB is very flexible, and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Wildlife Fundraiser - North Oxford
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Wirral
- Part Time Food and Beverage Assistant
- Conservation Officer - Indonesia (Fixed-Term)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Essex
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Barnstaple
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Winchester
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Hereford
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Tewkesbury
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Swindon
- International Bycatch Project Officer
- Part Time Humber Reserves Estate Worker (Fixed Term)
- Project Officer - Lough Erne Landscape Partnership (Fixed Term)
- Species Recovery Officer
- Trainee Stalker - Cairngorms Connect
- Senior Conservation Officer - Yorkshire & Humber (Maternity Cover)
- Campaigns Developer
- Science Finance Officer (Fixed Term)
- Visitor Experience Assistant at RSPB South Stack (Fixed-Term)
- Project Manager - Tir Canol (Maternity Cover)
- Site Manager - North Highland Reserves
- Volunteer Development Officer
- Senior Site Manager - RSPB Geltsdale
- Investigations Liaison Officer (Maternity Cover)
- Senior Developer
- Part-Time Rural Surveyor - Midlands
- Biosecurity Officer - Wales (Fixed Term)
- Senior Site Manager
- Ecologist - Peatland Restoration Programme (Fixed Term)
- Senior Research Assistant - Social Sciences (Fixed Term)
- Senior Legacy Officer
- Assistant Warden
- Visitor Operations Manager (Fixed-Term) - RSPB The Lodge & Fowlmere
- Conservation Advisor - Dartmoor Moorland
- Investigations Officers (1 x Permanent, 1 x Fixed-Term)
- Pennaeth Ymgysylltu - Cymru / Head of Engagement - Wales
- Part-Time Centre Assistants (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Conservation Scientist - Avian Influenza (Fixed-Term)
- Part Time Tree Nursery Assistant
- Senior Rural Surveyor, Wareham Arc Recovery Project
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Part-Time or Full-Time - Land's End
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (22.5 hours and zero hours contracts)