Nature is in Crisis, and here at the RSPB we are working across the UK and overseas to save it. As the UK's largest nature conservation charity, with a workforce of over 14,000 employees and volunteers, we have an ambitious programme of work to transform our approach and deepen our impact.
Recognising that people are at the heart of delivering this, we have an exciting opportunity for a talented business analyst to join our Transformation team. You will support an integrated programme and project management team, joining a team of project professionals, including volunteers, who deliver organisational wide people and business change across the RSPB. The work will be fast paced, far reaching and innovative, covering all elements of our operations.
You can be based anywhere in the UK, and we are very supportive of flexible working. We value and understand the importance of different voices, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds within our workforce and strongly encourage applications from all sections of the community.
What's the role about?
You’ll be responsible for delivering business analysis support and insight (e.g. requirements engineering, business process modelling, organisational design, etc.) to projects and programmes across the UK that will support the RSPB 2030 strategy. As an experienced and proactive business analyst you’ll be used to working independently at pace with a number of projects and programmes, interacting with stakeholders across the organisation and effectively communicating your analysis using the most appropriate approach.
Key activities will include:
- Supporting the RSPB Transformation team in delivering business analysis to support key people-centric projects and programmes. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Requirements engineering,
- Business process modelling
- Organisational design
- Working with stakeholders from across the RSPB, you’ll manage and maintain their support throughout your business analysis
- Communicating and engaging with colleagues and stakeholders at a variety of levels. You will be confident in articulating your business analysis work in a number of ways and will be able to confidently engage Senior Management to drive and manage positive change
- Supporting the project and programme managers in developing robust business cases
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
This is a Permanent, Full-Time role for 37.5 hours per week. Whilst the role is offered full time we are open to applications from anyone able to work at least 30 hours per week.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position asap. For further information please contact email@example.com
As part of this application process you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete an application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience listed above.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
I feel the RSPB is very flexible and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late, if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Assistant Warden - Fixed term
- Part-Time Food and Beverage Assistant Manager
- Senior Fundraising Officer - Fixed term
- Wildlife Fundraiser - South Essex/North London
- Catering Assistant
- Visitor Experience Assistant
- Senior Project Manager - Curlews in Crisis (Fixed-Term)
- Whose Hoo Community Engagement Development Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Whose Hoo Development Manager (Fixed-Term)
- Retail Assistant - RSPB Leighton Moss Nature Reserve (Part-Time)
- Senior Rural Surveyor, Wareham Arc Recovery Project
- Senior Estates Surveyor - Central Scotland
- Community Engagement Officer, Mull of Galloway - fixed term
- Senior Financial Accountant
- Administrator - Frampton Marsh Nature Reserve
- Cafe Worker - Variable Hours
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Frampton Marsh
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Central Kent
- Lead Carbon Data Analyst
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Dorset/Somerset
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Gloucester
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Salisbury
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Oswestry
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Liverpool
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Glasgow
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Dundee
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Bradford/Sheffield
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Nottingham/Sherwood Forest
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Derby
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Buxton
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Wolverhampton
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Birmingham
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Carlisle/Penrith Area
- 2 x Seasonal Mountain Ranger - Fixed Term
- Catering Assistant (Part-Time)
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (Variable Hours)
- Project Manager (Wales)
- Visitor Experience Manager – RSPB Minsmere
- Part Time Community Connector - Fixed term
- Centre Assistant - fixed term
- Kitchen Assistants x2 (Part-Time)
- Conservation Officer - Lough Neagh (Fixed-Term)
- Fundraising Manager (Maternity Cover)
- Fundraising Officer - Scotland
- Volunteering Development Officer
- Senior Policy Officer - Agriculture
- Seasonal Ranger x 1.5 - (Fixed Term)
- Field Officer - Peatland Restoration
- Assistant Warden, Orkney Reserves
- Head of Safety Management
- Conservation Adviser
- Investigations Intelligence Manager
- PeacePlus Programme Manager - Northern Ireland (Fixed-Term)
- Community Fundraising Manager - Scotland (Part-Time)
- Senior Administrator
- Conservation Officer - East County Down
- Warden - RSPB Ynys-hir
- Field Officer - RSPB Lumbister (Fixed-Term)
- Seabird Assistant (seasonal) Coquet Island (2 posts)
- Loch Ruthven Summer Ranger
- Biodiversity Adviser - RSPB idverde Bromley
- Finance Officer (Part-Time)