Administrator - Frampton Marsh Nature Reserve
This is a permanent role of 22.5 hours per week. The role is at the offices of RSPB Frampton Marsh, a renowned nature reserve in the Lincolnshire countryside, just outside Boston. The reserveis a busy work environment, attracting 60,000 visitors per year. With the addition of a brand new cafe, it will only get more exciting and busy!
What's the role about?
This role will provide administrative support to the Frampton Marsh reserve staff and ensures that the office is managed efficiently.
The role includes administration of financial processes, organising and maintaining materials and equipment, diary bookings, and organising maintenance contracts on RSPB property.
They will oversee the day-to-day management of the office environment, ensuring the office is an efficient, effective and safe place to work. They will be required to plan, appoint tradesmen for necessary replacements and repairs, and deal with emergency maintenance situations as they arise.
This role will line-manage two cleaning staff, ensuring best practice is followed at all times, to ensure the visitor centre and office are immaculate.
The successful candidate will be expected to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships, using diplomacy and tact to ensure that confidential and sensitive matters are handled appropriately and that all contact is professional and the RSPB is represented positively.
They will be expected to assist in managing business information and data held in RSPB systems to make this information available internally and externally per the RSPB's information management policies.
They will support procurement and financial management and reporting processes to ensure that financial information is accurate and well managed, allowing the RSPB to obtain value for money and managers to access accurate and current information at all times.
They will contribute to the wider office support by managing telephone and face to face enquiries from staff, volunteers, visitors and the public to provide a welcoming reception to the office.
They will share best practice and contribute to the wider RSPB administrative team's continuous professional development, both locally and widely across the organisation, proactively sharing best practice and building positive relationships, so RSPB has a highly effective administrative team.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), plus the ability to impart this knowledge on to others.
- Knowledge of budget management terminology and processes and able to provide administrative support within an organisation.
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences whether by phone, email or in person.
- Experience of liaising with staff at all levels both internally and externally and able to deal with confidential information appropriately.
- Able to make the best use of time particularly when under pressure from competing priorities, prioritising and delegating tasks effectively, during periods of both low and high demand.
- Experience of office management and maintaining a safe working environment, and able to proactively identify and solve problems.
- At least two A-Levels or equivalent qualifications.
- Administration qualification
- Knowledge of current conservation issues and priorities
- Experience of recruiting and managing staff and Volunteers
- Full driving licence
This is a permanent Part-Time role for 22.5 hours per week.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from the 24th of April, 2023. For further information, please contact - email@example.com
As part of this application process you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete an application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience listed above.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
The RSPB is a licensed sponsor. This role is not eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship - the successful applicant must have a pre-existing Right to Work in the UK to be offered an employment contract.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people on nature's side and more diverse people. People of colour and disabled people are underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sectors. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
RSPB is very flexible, and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Wildlife Fundraiser - North Oxford
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Wirral
- Part Time Food and Beverage Assistant
- Conservation Officer - Indonesia (Fixed-Term)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Essex
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Barnstaple
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Winchester
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Hereford
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Tewkesbury
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Swindon
- International Bycatch Project Officer
- Part Time Humber Reserves Estate Worker (Fixed Term)
- Project Officer - Lough Erne Landscape Partnership (Fixed Term)
- Species Recovery Officer
- Trainee Stalker - Cairngorms Connect
- Senior Conservation Officer - Yorkshire & Humber (Maternity Cover)
- Campaigns Developer
- Science Finance Officer (Fixed Term)
- Visitor Experience Assistant at RSPB South Stack (Fixed-Term)
- Project Manager - Tir Canol (Maternity Cover)
- Site Manager - North Highland Reserves
- Volunteer Development Officer
- Senior Site Manager - RSPB Geltsdale
- Investigations Liaison Officer (Maternity Cover)
- Senior Developer
- Part-Time Rural Surveyor - Midlands
- Biosecurity Officer - Wales (Fixed Term)
- Senior Site Manager
- Ecologist - Peatland Restoration Programme (Fixed Term)
- Senior Research Assistant - Social Sciences (Fixed Term)
- Senior Legacy Officer
- Assistant Warden
- Visitor Operations Manager (Fixed-Term) - RSPB The Lodge & Fowlmere
- Conservation Advisor - Dartmoor Moorland
- Investigations Officers (1 x Permanent, 1 x Fixed-Term)
- Pennaeth Ymgysylltu - Cymru / Head of Engagement - Wales
- Part-Time Centre Assistants (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Conservation Scientist - Avian Influenza (Fixed-Term)
- Part Time Tree Nursery Assistant
- Senior Rural Surveyor, Wareham Arc Recovery Project
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Part-Time or Full-Time - Land's End
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (22.5 hours and zero hours contracts)