Opportunities to work at the stunning Bempton Cliffs reserve, welcoming visitors and helping deliver excellent customer service in the visitor centre. The job involves working with the retail, catering and visitor experience teams to ensure all who visit have a positive experience of Bempton Cliffs.
These roles involves supporting all elements of the visitor centre operation to deliver the highest standards of customer service at all times.
Key activities will include:
- Supporting with welcoming visitors to the reserve and helping them get the most out of their day.
- Selling admission tickets, serving retail customers and maintaining stock levels in the shop/cafe.
- Serving café customers, preparing/heating food and looking after tables and chairs in the café area.
- Helping the retail, café and visitor experience teams with delivery of events and promotions.
- Ensuring the visitor centre, facilities and surroundings are maintained to a high standard.
As a centre assistant your working days will vary but will include weekends and Bank Holidays. Weekly hours will not be fixed, although we can be flexible and offer anything from 5 days a week to part-time work, depending on your availability. RSPB Bempton Cliffs is around 20 minutes by car from Bridlington and a 35 minute drive from Scarborough. The nearest train station is a mile walk from the local village.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Enthusiastic approach to work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage and respond to customer needs and feedback.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a supportive and positive team.
- To demonstrate a clear understanding of food hygiene.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and under pressure.
- To consistently deliver the highest standard of customer service.
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
- Confident in the use of tills and payment processes
- An intermediate Food Hygiene level 2 certificate, although training will be given if required.
These are Zero Hours established contracts.
As a centre assistant your working days will vary but will include weekends and Bank Holidays. Weekly hours will not be fixed, although we can be flexible and offer anything from 5 days a week to part-time work, depending on your availability.
For further information please contact Scott.Davison-Smith@rspb.org.uk.
Interviews are to take place on 4th October for all roles.
As part of this application process you will be asked to complete an application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience listed above.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries