3–4 days/week at home
A little flex time
At Quantexa we believe that people and organisations make better decisions when those decisions are put in context – we call this Contextual Decision Intelligence. Contextual Decision Intelligence is the new approach to data analysis that shows the relationships between people, places and organisations - all in one place - so you gain the context you need to make more accurate decisions, faster.
Founded in 2016, Quantexa helps organisations make their data more meaningful, and is the world’s leading software company providing a single networked view of internal and external data as an input to analytical and AI models. From compliance, fraud, anti-money laundering and credit risk to customer intelligence and master data management, Quantexa partners with Global Tier 1 Insurers and Banks, Government Agencies and Technology companies to deliver Contextual Decision Intelligence.
Headquartered in London with significant offices in New York, Boston, Toronto, Sydney, Singapore, and Brussels, Quantexa is continuing its expansion, building on our core values of Determination, Ambition, Teamwork and Accountability.
- Do you enjoy selling ideas to people?
- Are you determined, driven and energetic?
- Do you enjoy challenging assignments?
- Are you able to work well under pressure?
- Do you work with purpose to get things done?
- Are you described as friendly, sociable and outgoing?
Come and join us at Quantexa and help build a strong culture of learning and development across our business.
The Learning and Development Manager will be responsible for the creation, management and innovation of relevant training programmes to meet the learning and development needs of our organisation. You will work closely with departments in all regions to identify training needs and create effective learning solutions that enhance employee performance and skills. The ideal candidate will be able to initiate and lead projects, develop and manage learning solutions, deliver engaging and interactive training sessions, and measure the effectiveness of the programs to drive ongoing improvement.
In this role you will report to the Head of Learning and Development and will also be working closely with the People Operations Team, the Employee Experience Team, the Education Team, the Management Team and be a key contact for stakeholders and partnerships.
Responsibilities in the role include:
- Conduct needs assessments to identify areas where training/development is necessary
- Develop and implement training programmes that align with the organisation's goals and objectives
- Use instructional design principles to create engaging and interactive learning experiences
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to ensure the accuracy and relevance of content
- Deliver learning programmes to employees at all levels of the organisation
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of learning programmes and make recommendations for improvement
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement and implement changes as needed
- Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to develop and deliver training programs
- Manage the learning management system and ensure all training materials are up-to-date and easily accessible
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices in learning and development
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with others in the People Team and the wider business as required.
- Consistently support colleagues and collaborate with key stakeholders to achieve results.
- Communicate and influence through a range of media e.g. face-to-face, email, online / virtual
- Handle conflict and sensitive situations professionally and confidentially.
- Build trust and sound relationships with stakeholders/learners/colleagues
In order to be considered for the role you have:
- The ability to work effectively in a global virtual environment, with strong service behaviours
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to persuade and influence, facilitate consensus and manage conflict
- Ability to build relationships and understand stakeholder needs
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong planning and organisation skills, across time zones, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at different levels of seniority from various professional background
- Experience in international training management, organisation, and logistics
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art tools and technology in the learning space
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel; as well as familiarity with LMS and survey tool
Why join Quantexa?
We know that just having an excellent glass door rating isn’t enough, so we’ve put together a competitive package as a way of saying thank you for all your hard work and dedication.
- Regularly benchmarked salary rates at the highest quarter following all principles of equal pay & company bonus
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid workplace & free access to global WeWork locations & events
- Pension Scheme with a company contribution of 6% (if you contribute 3%)
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy up to 5 days) + birthday off!
- Work from Anywhere Scheme: Spend up to 3 months working outside of your country of employment over a rolling 12-month period
- Work from Home Allowance
- Family: Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, or Shared Parental Leave
- Health & Wellbeing: Private Healthcare, EAP, Well-being Days, Calm App, Gym Discounts
- Team's Social Budget & Company-wide Summer & Winter Parties
- Tech & Cycle-to-Work Schemes
- Volunteer Day off
- Dog-friendly Offices
Quantexa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment, where everyone feels welcome, valued, and respected. We want to hear from people who are passionate about their work and align with our values. Regardless of race, beliefs, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neurodiversity or ableness – whoever you are, if you’re a curious, caring, and an authentic human being who wants to help push the boundaries of what’s possible, we want to hear from you.
We asked employees of Quantexa how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Quantexa
Gender diversity (male:female)
London (HQ), Boston, NYC, Toronto, Melbourne, Sydney, Singapore, Brussels, Amsterdam, Dubai, Malaga, Luxembourg
What employees are saying
"I have worked in the IT Industry for over 20 years. Quantexa is the best organisation I have worked for in that time. The solutions are second to none and the culture is awesome - it is a perfect blend. Individuals regardless of race, gender or age are treated with respect and included in all aspects of the organisation. I could not find a better fit. Culture comes from top-down and it is clear to see that our CEO is personally committed to ensuring we drive a flexible, inclusive and respectful environment"