Founded in 2016 with only a handful of individuals, Quantexa was built with a purpose that through a greater understanding of context, better decisions can be made. 7 years, 12 locations and 500+ employees later we still believe that today. We connect the dots within our Customers data using dynamic entity resolution and advanced network analytics to create context, empowering businesses to see the bigger picture and drive real value from their data.
What will you be doing?
In this role you will be working on building new back end and front-end features on the Quantexa Platform.
Our products process huge volumes of data with the ultimate aim of detecting anomalous and suspicious activity. The user interface we provide enables users to conduct complex investigations into fraud and financial crime cases and visualise complex networks of criminal activity.
On the back end, our services are primarily written in Scala and deployed as microservices. We are huge fans of functional and strongly typed programming, making use of libraries such as Cats and Shapeless. We also use Akka and Monix to help build scalable, highly performant, distributed services. We utilise techniques such as event sourcing and CQRS in our persistence layer to ensure our datastores are scalable and flexible.
The front end has been developed using modern front-end tools and frameworks such as TypeScript, Angular 6+ and ngrx and has been designed from the ground up to be highly extensible and allow for customisation to meet varying requirements.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Take pride in designing, building, and delivering high quality well engineered solutions to complex problems.
- Have experience functional programming using Scala AND/OR experience using modern front-end frameworks, ideally Angular 2+.
- Have experience with the full engineering life cycle, from design and implementation through to testing and deployment.
- Want to build a rich, data driven application.
- Take a big picture approach to solving problems, taking care to ensure that the solution works well within the wider system.
- Love working with the latest technology.
- Passion and drive to grow within one of the UK’s fastest-growing Start-ups.
Experience in the following would be beneficial:
- Working across the entire software stack from the server‐side and batch processing components to the front‐end web development.
- Working with Java and the JVM.
- Has a keen eye for detail with regards to design and UX.
- Knowledge working with any of the following technologies or libraries: Akka, Monix, Cats. Shapeless, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, Gradle, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Docker, Kubernetes.
You will be joining Quantexa's R&D team which currently consists of over 40 engineers, working across the front and back end of the application.
Why join Quantexa?
We know that just having an excellent glass door rating isn’t enough, so we’ve put together a competitive package as a way of saying thank you for all your hard work and dedication.
- Competitive salary 💰
- Company bonus
- Free Calm App Subscription #1 app for meditation, relaxation and sleep 🧘♀️
- Ongoing personal development
- Great Company wide socials
- Plus other local benefits
We have one mission. To help businesses grow. To make data easier. And to make the world a better place. We’re not a start-up. Not anymore. But we’ve not been around that long either. What we are is a collection of bright, passionate minds harnessing complexities and helping our clients and their communities. One culture, made of many. Heading in one direction – the future.
It's all about you
Quantexa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment, where everyone feels welcome, valued, and respected. We want to hear from people who are passionate about their work and align with our values. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, colour, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital, disability, or veteran status. Whoever you are, if you’re a curious, caring, and authentic human being who wants to help push the boundaries of what’s possible, we want to hear from you.
Internal pay equity across departments is crucial to our global compensation philosophy. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of experience, education, training, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.
Quantexa is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our talent acquisition processes. If you require support, please inform our Talent Acquisition Team.
We asked employees of Quantexa how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Quantexa
Gender diversity (male:female)
London (HQ), Boston, NYC, Toronto, Melbourne, Sydney, Singapore, Brussels, Amsterdam, Dubai, Malaga, Luxembourg