Fully flexible hours
At a Glance
Us: Fast growing startup of 80+ people. Remote team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni (summer 2019). We’re on a mission to connect people around the world to make trustworthy data more accessible and facilitate world-changing research 🚀
We're looking for an experienced frontend engineer with some experience working with a full stack. In the role you will play a key part in developing and guiding our product. You should have broad practical knowledge in different areas of software development. We're looking for a developer whose existing skills, experience, and knowledge will complement and support our growing team. As we’re a scale up you’ll have the opportunity to significantly influence the trajectory of our products.
Our core product is a SPA using the Vue.js framework, with Python and MongoDB back end API. We use Jest and Cypress for testing, and CircleCI for continuous integration. You aren't expected to be familiar with all of these technologies and will have the time and support to develop your skills on the job.
What you'll be doing
- Be a valuable member that works closely with peers in a cross-functional Agile team.
- Building and maintaining our application and supporting partners that use our APIs.
- Collaborating with a multi-disciplined team, including user researchers, designers, engineers, data-analysts and product managers.
- Working closely with designers to create and maintain our design system.
- Writing unit and end-to-end tests for your code - we have a strong testing culture.
- Improving our existing systems so that they can scale as we grow.
- Sharing best practices to improve our products and processes.
- Designing the architecture of new services as part of a team.
What you’ll bring
- An interest in shipping products that make an impact on users’ lives.
- Experience of using at least one modern reactive framework in production (Vue/React/Angular etc)
- Experience on API protocols (Restful, gRPC or GraphQL)
- Experience of building web applications or platforms
- Strong attention to detail. You have a passion for translating designs into components that our users will love
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, storage, access techniques
- Passionate about code quality and continuous delivery
- Comfortable in a DevOps environment
- Nice to have: Experience with Python or Node
- A proactive approach to product engineering, balancing your autonomy with collaboration within and across teams.
What you’ll get
⚖️ Work Life Balance: We’re all looking to strike the right work-life balance, and as a remote-first company you’re able to work flexibly from home or our dog-friendly co-working space in Old Street. We offer 25 days of holiday, plus bank holidays of course, which you can opt out of if you’d like. We also offer summer hours, with early finish Fridays throughout June to August.
🏡 Family Life: We offer generous maternity, paternity and shared parental leave. Need to pick your child up from school? No Problem. Our flexible working gives you the childcare flexibility you need.
🧘 Wellbeing: We care deeply about our employee's well-being and that’s why we offer comprehensive Bupa private health insurance that disregards medical history and also Medicash (a health cash plan). We also offer a taxable monthly stipend of £150 that you can spend on whatever improves your wellness and remote working experience. Having a healthy working environment is really important to us and so we offer a £1,000 home office budget, along with a Mac laptop when you start - plus a £200 yearly top-up.
📚 Learn & Grow: Development is really important to us and we want to give all of our employees the opportunity to learn and grow. There are many personal growth and career progression opportunities available, as well as mentoring. And we also offer a £1,000 yearly budget for education, growth and training for you to use at your discretion.
💙 Culture: We’re a friendly bunch here at Prolific; open, transparent and inclusive. Although we’re a remote-first company, we still love to hang out with each other! We run collaborative quarterly company-wide meets up and team socials (both virtually and in-person) and it’s all paid for by us. Alongside this, we offer a £1,000 yearly team meet-up budget for discretionary meet-ups so that you can cover travel, food and accommodation. As a business we’re also committed to carbon offsetting; each month we donate money in your name to plant trees, and being remote we’re doing our bit to offset travel as well.
Our Interview Process
Talent Call: You'll meet with one of our Talent team and have an exploratory call about the role requirements, life at Prolific, as well as your background and aspirations.
Hiring Manager Interview: You'll interview with two members of the team, one of which will be the hiring manager. You'll have the opportunity to ask about the company and the role, and we'll ask you questions about your experiences and goals.
Panel Interview: We'll hold a panel interview that evaluates skills required for the role. You'll meet with more of our team and may be asked to complete a presentation or task. You'll be compensated with a £50 voucher 💰 for completing the task because we know your time is valuable!
Final Interview: We will deep dive into your past experiences, goals, motivations, and skills all aligned to our Prolific Principles. You'll speak with two to three members of the team and - as always - have an opportunity to ask questions about the role and company.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Monitoring
Prolific is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome all applications, and consider them without regard to race, religion, belief, age, gender, gender expression, gender identity, gender reassignment, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, sex or sexual orientation.
We are committed to ensuring a fair recruitment process, it's essential to our success. Under the Equality Act (2010) we collect information from individuals at the point of application. We anonymously monitor the profiles of individuals that apply to each vacancy to ensure that no individual is unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.