At a Glance
Us: Fast-growing startup of 100+ people. We are a remote-first team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni (summer 2019) and Series A funding of 32$m in 2023. Our mission is to revolutionise how the world learns about people, so people can revolutionise the world.🚀
The role of the Senior Product Led Growth Marketer is to support the product-led growth motion at Prolific, working closely with the wider marketing and product teams. You will play a part in the marketing strategy and activities to acquire, convert and retain our core audience of Academic researchers. You will have experience with product-led growth and good knowledge and experience across interest generation and capture, onboarding, retention, cross-sell and upsell programmes.
This is a hands-on marketing role, as you will work directly with the cross-functional organisation to drive and implement growth strategies without sales team involvement. If you thrive in an environment of ambiguity, embracing the challenges and changes of an early-stage startup as opportunities for personal growth and making a significant impact. In that case, this opportunity may be for you!
What you'll be doing
- Help establish the PLG foundation to drive interest across the full funnel from awareness into online sign ups and activations
- Drive the self serve revenue target
- Immerse yourself in Prolific's academic research audience, deeply understanding their pain points and desired outcomes
- Operating across the full growth funnel comprising of acquisition, conversion, activation, retention and referrals
- Adopt a full-funnel mindset, recognising that retention and conversion are vital pillars for achieving sustainable growth at Prolific
- Optimise onsite experience and conversion funnels for self serve
- Operate within the profitability boundaries determined by Cost per Acquisition (CPA) and Lifetime Value (LTV), leveraging data-driven decision-making to drive your activities and providing comprehensive reports on the impact of your initiatives throughout the business.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for someone who embodies the qualities of a reliable and efficient team member, capable of managing projects, executing tasks accurately, and fostering cross-functional collaboration within our growing startup. We value a collaborative mindset, someone with the ability to set boundaries, share ideas constructively, and build strong working relationships with other teams.
- Strong knowledge of product led growth within a fast paced startup environment
- Experience develop relevant marketing strategies and campaigns across a wide mix of channels and formats
- Be well-versed in both inbound and outbound marketing, finding satisfaction in briefing the creation of exceptional B2B content and various other content formats (such as videos and infographics), while also confident in defining target accounts and data scraping.
- Expertise of onsite conversion optimisation and A/B testing tools
- Team Collaboration experience such as with product teams to gather requirements related to product growth loops, upselling, and cross-selling, ensuring continuous promotion of self-service options at every stage of the customer journey and minimising the necessity for direct engagement from sales or customer success management
Even better if you have
- An interest in Behavioural Science, Psychology and/or scientific research and a desire to learn about the research space
- Experience of working and managing a team remotely
- Experience working with researchers or Academics
What you’ll get
⚖️ Work-Life Balance: We’re all looking to strike the right work-life balance, and as a remote-first company you’re able to work flexibly from your home in the UK or our dog-friendly co-working space in Shoreditch. We offer 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays of course, which you can switch with any day of your choosing. We also have adjusted hours where the whole company finishes 2 hours earlier on Fridays.
🏡 Family Life: We offer generous maternity, paternity and shared parental leave. Need to pick your child up from school? No Problem. Our flexible working gives you the childcare flexibility you need.
💰 Pension: We offer a salary sacrifice pension with a 3% starting employer contribution.
📈 Share Options: An exciting option to buy shares of Prolific in the future.
🧘 Wellbeing: We care deeply about our employees well-being, that’s why we offer comprehensive Bupa & Medicash private health insurance, that disregards medical history. Taxable monthly stipend of £150 in order for you to improve your wellness and remote experience. We want you to have a happy and healthy environment so we offer a £1000 home office budget, along with a Apple MacBook when you start, plus a £200 yearly top-up.
⚰️ Death-in-service: We offer a death-in-service benefit that would pay out 4x of your annual salary.
📚 Learn & Grow: Development is important to us, and we want to give all our employees the opportunity to learn. There are many personal growth and career progression opportunities available, as well as mentoring. We also offer a £1000 yearly budget for education, growth and training for you to use at your discretion.
💙 Culture: We’re a friendly bunch here at Prolific; open, transparent and inclusive. Although we’re a remote first company we still love to hang out with each other! We run collaborative quarterly company-wide meets up and team socials (both virtually and in-person), all paid for. Alongside this we offer a £1000 yearly budget for discretionary meet-ups so you can cover travel, food and accommodation. As a business we’re also committed to carbon offsetting; each month we donate money in your name to plant trees 🌳 and being remote we’re doing our bit to offset travel too
Our Interview Process
Talent Call: You'll meet with one of our Talent team and have an exploratory call about the role requirements, life at Prolific, as well as your background and aspirations.
Hiring Manager Interview: You'll interview with two members of the team, one of which will be the hiring manager. You'll have the opportunity to ask about the company and the role, and we'll ask you questions about your experiences and goals. Panel Interview: We'll hold a panel interview that evaluates skills required for the role. You'll meet with more of our team and may be asked to complete a presentation or task. You'll be compensated with a £50 voucher 💰 for completing the task because we know your time is valuable! Final Interview: We will deep dive into your past experiences, goals, motivations, and skills all aligned to our Prolific Principles. You'll speak with two to three members of the team and - as always - have an opportunity to ask questions about the role and company.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Monitoring
Prolific is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome all applications, and consider them without regard to race, religion, belief, age, gender, gender expression, gender identity, gender reassignment, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, sex or sexual orientation.
We are committed to ensuring a fair recruitment process, it's essential to our success. Under the Equality Act (2010) we collect information from individuals at the point of application. We anonymously monitor the profiles of individuals that apply to each vacancy to ensure that no individual is unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
By submitting your application, you agree that Prolific may collect your personal data for recruiting and global organisation planning. Prolific's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Prolific may process, where Prolific may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Prolific’s use of your personal information.
We asked employees of Prolific how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Prolific
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)