At a Glance
Us: Fast-growing startup of 100+ people. We are a remote-first team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni (summer 2019) and Series A funding of 32$m in 2023. Our mission is to revolutionise how the world learns about people, so people can revolutionise the world.🚀
You: A mid-level Data Analyst with domain knowledge of marketing analytics to support our ambitious go-to-market strategy. As the first crossover role between the Data team and our Go-to-Market teams, this role offers a chance for significant impact on the business, as well as lots of scope to develop your job in line with your preferences.
As the marketing team’s embedded Analyst, you’ll be working closely with our revenue operations manager, as well as senior leads in marketing and sales. Together, you’ll aim to understand the ROI of our marketing efforts, identify valuable acquisition channels, identify bottlenecks in our conversion funnel and conduct marketing experimentation on the platform. Of course, you'll also be an integral part of a smart and high-performing team, working to get Prolific into the hands of as many researchers as possible, and revolutionise how we learn about the world!
What you'll be doing
- Building dashboards and reports to help us to understand the ROI of our sales and marketing efforts (including PPC, social and content), and identify the acquisition channels our most valuable leads and customers are coming from.
- collating a full picture of our entire purchase process, from a visitor’s first landing, through registration, to purchase and beyond. You’ll help pull together data from across the business to identify bottlenecks in our conversion funnel, and share your understanding with the team.
- identifying opportunities for marketing experimentation on our platform, whether through email campaigns or website changes. You’ll shepherd these experiments through design to implementation, and finally acting on the results.
- In addition to being a member of the Marketing team, you’ll also be an active member of Prolific’s Embedded Analytics Community of Practice.
- This group will provide mentorship and training: meeting weekly to share learnings, methodologies and ensure consistent technical upskilling.
- You’ll be leveraging the upper half of our data tech stack for your work. This means working mostly with cleaned and modeled data, where a lot of the business logic and testing has already been taken care of. That said, you’ll need to manipulate, integrate and present these datasets in new ways in order to drive business decisions with data!
- You’ll be responsible for fostering a data-driven culture within your home team. Coaching your colleagues on how best to use data to guide decision making, and holding them to account when it comes to measuring success.
- You’ll also be the ‘conduit’ between your department and other data teams in the business. Knowing how and when to ask for ‘additional capacity’, then serving as the point person when other data-prolificos join the project to help.
What you’ll bring
- A good understanding of digital marketing concepts such as SEO, SEM, and attribution models. Plus, some previous experience of growth funnel analysis
- Competency in common stats for AB tests: i.e. you can run a sample size calculation, perform unbiased allocation to groups, choose the right test for the design, identify potential confounding factors.
- Considerable experience writing analytic SQL, including window-functions, CTEs, and JOINs. (Experience with dbt is a plus!)
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively share data-driven insights and recommendations to non-technical stakeholders.
Even better if you have
- Technical understanding of webtracking: including cookies, page-view tracking, and working with event data.
- Familiarity with Hubspot, Google Analytics or similar site-analytics tools.
- Experience building dashboards in a common BI platform (Hubspot, Looker, Tableau, etc).
What you’ll get
⚖️ Work-Life Balance: We’re all looking to strike the right work-life balance, and as a remote-first company you’re able to work flexibly from your home in the UK or our dog-friendly co-working space in Shoreditch. We offer 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays of course, which you can switch with any day of your choosing. We also have adjusted hours where the whole company finishes 2 hours earlier on Fridays.
🏡 Family Life: We offer generous maternity, paternity and shared parental leave. Need to pick your child up from school? No Problem. Our flexible working gives you the childcare flexibility you need.
💰 Pension: We offer a salary sacrifice pension with a 3% starting employer contribution.
📈 Share Options: An exciting option to buy shares of Prolific in the future.
🧘 Wellbeing: We care deeply about our employees well-being, that’s why we offer comprehensive Bupa & Medicash private health insurance, that disregards medical history. Taxable monthly stipend of £150 in order for you to improve your wellness and remote experience. We want you to have a happy and healthy environment so we offer a £1000 home office budget, along with a Apple MacBook when you start, plus a £200 yearly top-up.
⚰️ Death-in-service: We offer a death-in-service benefit that would pay out 4x of your annual salary.
📚 Learn & Grow: Development is important to us, and we want to give all our employees the opportunity to learn. There are many personal growth and career progression opportunities available, as well as mentoring. We also offer a £1000 yearly budget for education, growth and training for you to use at your discretion.
💙 Culture: We’re a friendly bunch here at Prolific; open, transparent and inclusive. Although we’re a remote first company we still love to hang out with each other! We run collaborative quarterly company-wide meets up and team socials (both virtually and in-person), all paid for. Alongside this we offer a £1000 yearly budget for discretionary meet-ups so you can cover travel, food and accommodation. As a business we’re also committed to carbon offsetting; each month we donate money in your name to plant trees 🌳 and being remote we’re doing our bit to offset travel too
Our Interview Process
Talent Call: You'll meet with one of our Talent team and have an exploratory call about the role requirements, life at Prolific, as well as your background and aspirations.
Hiring Manager Interview: You'll interview with two members of the team, one of which will be the hiring manager. You'll have the opportunity to ask about the company and the role, and we'll ask you questions about your experiences and goals. Panel Interview: We'll hold a panel interview that evaluates skills required for the role. You'll meet with more of our team and may be asked to complete a presentation or task. You'll be compensated with a £50 voucher 💰 for completing the task because we know your time is valuable! Final Interview: We will deep dive into your past experiences, goals, motivations, and skills all aligned to our Prolific Principles. You'll speak with two to three members of the team and - as always - have an opportunity to ask questions about the role and company.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Monitoring
Prolific is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome all applications, and consider them without regard to race, religion, belief, age, gender, gender expression, gender identity, gender reassignment, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, sex or sexual orientation.
We are committed to ensuring a fair recruitment process, it's essential to our success. Under the Equality Act (2010) we collect information from individuals at the point of application. We anonymously monitor the profiles of individuals that apply to each vacancy to ensure that no individual is unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
By submitting your application, you agree that Prolific may collect your personal data for recruiting and global organisation planning. Prolific's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Prolific may process, where Prolific may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Prolific’s use of your personal information.
We asked employees of Prolific how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Prolific
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)