At a Glance
Us: Fast growing startup of 90+ people. Remote team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni (summer 2019). Our mission is to revolutionise how the world learns about people, so people can revolutionise the world.🚀
As the Head of Support, you’ll have the opportunity to join a high-growth, mission-led company, to develop and drive our Support strategy, as we continue to scale internationally.
Prolific is a marketplace platform where 1000s of international researchers work with hundreds of thousands of international participants to carry out world-changing research.
Our Support team serves several segments with different customer profiles from small self-serve researchers to enterprise accounts, and scaling to support millions of participants will require innovative solutions and exciting challenges, potentially including:
- Building international teams
- Developing a 24/7 Support model
- Driving continued experimentation with automation and AI
- Working with our Product team to develop sophisticated self-serve support
- Working with our Customer Success team to develop a model for high-value customers
- Managing our community of researchers and participants to ensure ethical standards
What you'll be doing
- Manage aboth our Research and Participant support teams including hiring, training, and performance management
- Represent Support function, and customer perspectives in the Senior Leadership Team to influence and drive the company’s core strategy
- Develop and implement support processes and procedures to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Set and monitor support metrics and KPIs to ensure that team goals are being met
- Collaborate with other departments to resolve complex customer issues
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide feedback to your teams
- Provide coaching and training to ensure continuous improvement amongst your teams
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and automation to improve customer experience
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce customer churn and increase customer satisfaction
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in customer support
- Develop strategy to scale Support over next 5 years, to serve multiple market segments with very different customer profiles from small self serve researcher to enterprise account spending millions
- Develop strategy to Support 10M user international participants pool
What you’ll bring
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Ability to analyse data and metrics to make informed decisions
- Experience with customer support software and tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven track record of improving customer satisfaction and reducing churn
- Strategic, first principles mindset
What you’ll get
⚖️ Work-Life Balance: We’re all looking to strike the right work-life balance, and as a remote-first company you’re able to work flexibly from home or our dog-friendly co-working space in Shoreditch. We offer 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays of course, which you can switch with any day of your choosing. We also have adjusted hours where the whole company finishes 2 hours earlier on Fridays.
🏡 Family Life: We offer generous maternity, paternity and shared parental leave. Need to pick your child up from school? No Problem. Our flexible working gives you the childcare flexibility you need.
💰 Pension: We offer a salary sacrifice pension with a 3% starting employer contribution.
📈 Share Options: An exciting option to buy shares of Prolific in the future.
🧘 Wellbeing: We care deeply about our employees well-being, that’s why we offer comprehensive Bupa private health insurance, that disregards medical history. Taxable monthly stipend of £150 in order for you to improve your wellness and remote experience. We want you to have a happy and healthy environment so we offer a £1000 home office budget, along with a Apple MacBook Pro when you start, plus a £200 yearly top-up.
📚 Learn & Grow: Development is important to us, and we want to give all our employees the opportunity to learn. There are many personal growth and career progression opportunities available, as well as mentoring. We also offer a £1000 yearly budget for education, growth and training for you to use at your discretion.
💙 Culture: We’re a friendly bunch here at Prolific; open, transparent and inclusive. Although we’re a remote first company we still love to hang out with each other! We run collaborative quarterly company-wide meets up and team socials (both virtually and in-person), all paid for. Alongside this we offer a £1000 yearly budget for discretionary meet-ups so you can cover travel, food and accommodation. As a business we’re also committed to carbon offsetting; each month we donate money in your name to plant trees 🌳 and being remote we’re doing our bit to offset travel too
Our Interview Process
Talent Call: You'll meet with one of our Talent team and have an exploratory call about the role requirements, life at Prolific, as well as your background and aspirations.
Hiring Manager Interview: You'll interview with two members of the team, one of which will be the hiring manager. You'll have the opportunity to ask about the company and the role, and we'll ask you questions about your experiences and goals. Panel Interview: We'll hold a panel interview that evaluates skills required for the role. You'll meet with more of our team and may be asked to complete a presentation or task. You'll be compensated with a £50 voucher 💰 for completing the task because we know your time is valuable! Final Interview: We will deep dive into your past experiences, goals, motivations, and skills all aligned to our Prolific Principles. You'll speak with two to three members of the team and - as always - have an opportunity to ask questions about the role and company.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Monitoring
Prolific is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome all applications, and consider them without regard to race, religion, belief, age, gender, gender expression, gender identity, gender reassignment, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, sex or sexual orientation.
We are committed to ensuring a fair recruitment process, it's essential to our success. Under the Equality Act (2010) we collect information from individuals at the point of application. We anonymously monitor the profiles of individuals that apply to each vacancy to ensure that no individual is unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
By submitting your application, you agree that Prolific may collect your personal data for recruiting and global organisation planning. Prolific's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Prolific may process, where Prolific may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Prolific’s use of your personal information.
We asked employees of Prolific how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Prolific
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)