At a Glance
Us: Fast-growing startup of 100+ people. We are a remote-first team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni (summer 2019) and Series A funding of 32$m in 2023. Our mission is to revolutionise how the world learns about people, so people can revolutionise the world.🚀
Are you an AI enthusiast with an insatiable passion for all things cutting-edge? We're on the hunt for a dynamic individual who lives and breathes the AI space, and can inspire our marketing team with their wealth of knowledge from blogs, sources, and industry analysts. If you are someone who thrives in an environment of ambiguity, embracing the challenges and changes of an early-stage startup as opportunities for personal growth and making a significant impact then this opportunity may be for you!
The role of Sales Marketing is to lead and run B2B Marketing targeting the AI sector, working closely with the company’s sales team. You will be leading marketing activities, to generate high-quality leads/MQLs, working closely with the sales team to win business from new clients.
You will have experience in B2B marketing with good knowledge and experience across; Account Based Marketing, Lead Generation, and Data Segmentation.
This is a great opportunity to successfully nurture our brand to accelerate lead generation. This is a hands-on marketing role as you will be working directly with the sales team to drive and implement growth strategies to deliver the sales targets.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for someone who embodies the qualities of a reliable and efficient team member, capable of managing projects, executing tasks accurately, and fostering cross-functional collaboration within our growing startup. We value a collaborative mindset, someone with the ability to set boundaries, share ideas constructively, and build strong working relationships with other teams.
- Responsible for B2B marketing funnel; brand awareness, demand generation, lead acquisition and content
- Create a B2B marketing strategy that drives marketing-led revenue and leads for sales
- Run marketing attributed revenue campaigns/lead generation campaigns for sales to close
- Oversee the implementation of the Marketing strategy: including campaigns, digital marketing, and PR
- Lead both inbound and outbound marketing including ABM campaigns
- Build a strong community within the AI ecosystem
- Enhance the relevance and quality of marketing channels to provide a consistent flow of high quality leads to the sales team
- Be a Brand Ambassador and represent the business at Industry and client events
- Brand building, planning and setting up own content led events (webinars…)
- Instil a data-driven marketing approach to the marketing team
- Establish Cost of Acquisition and LTV frameworks to drive profitable marketing campaigns
- Report on success of campaigns and programmes across the business
- Manage cross functional stakeholders to deliver joined up growth for the business
What you’ll bring
- Broad Sales/B2B Marketing experience, working within start ups preferred
- Solid experience within the AI ecosystem and sector e.g. data labelling
- Experience with data and analytics tools; Google Analytics and more
- Experience of using marketing technology/tech stacks/tools to leverage marketing opportunities more effectively e.g. CRO and Marketing Automation.
- Strong B2B marketer who understands how to communicate to the C Suite and senior leaders to acquire high quality sales leads
- Commercial (working to sales targets) and results-driven mindset with a getting things done mentality
- Experience starting up and scaling sales marketing operations
- Good understanding of both digital marketing and inbound strategies as well as more traditional channels (PR, events, etc.)
- Ability to work across different functions and maintain a hands - on approach
- Strong communication skills to drive collaboration and inspiration across teams
- Ability to combine a balance of commercial results-delivery with creative and entrepreneurial flair
- Well-organised, logical and efficient. Process-driven with strong attention to detail
- A self-starter with an ambitious spirit, able to handle parallel work streams resourcefully and at pace, working both independently and collaboratively
Even better if you have
- Hands on experience with HubSpot CRM
What you’ll get
⚖️ Work-Life Balance: We’re all looking to strike the right work-life balance, and as a remote-first company you’re able to work flexibly from your home in the UK or our dog-friendly co-working space in Shoreditch. We offer 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays of course, which you can switch with any day of your choosing. We also have adjusted hours where the whole company finishes 2 hours earlier on Fridays.
🏡 Family Life: We offer generous maternity, paternity and shared parental leave. Need to pick your child up from school? No Problem. Our flexible working gives you the childcare flexibility you need.
💰 Pension: We offer a salary sacrifice pension with a 3% starting employer contribution.
📈 Share Options: An exciting option to buy shares of Prolific in the future.
🧘 Wellbeing: We care deeply about our employees well-being, that’s why we offer comprehensive Bupa & Medicash private health insurance, that disregards medical history. Taxable monthly stipend of £150 in order for you to improve your wellness and remote experience. We want you to have a happy and healthy environment so we offer a £1000 home office budget, along with a Apple MacBook when you start, plus a £200 yearly top-up.
⚰️ Death-in-service: We offer a death-in-service benefit that would pay out 4x of your annual salary.
📚 Learn & Grow: Development is important to us, and we want to give all our employees the opportunity to learn. There are many personal growth and career progression opportunities available, as well as mentoring. We also offer a £1000 yearly budget for education, growth and training for you to use at your discretion.
💙 Culture: We’re a friendly bunch here at Prolific; open, transparent and inclusive. Although we’re a remote first company we still love to hang out with each other! We run collaborative quarterly company-wide meets up and team socials (both virtually and in-person), all paid for. Alongside this we offer a £1000 yearly budget for discretionary meet-ups so you can cover travel, food and accommodation. As a business we’re also committed to carbon offsetting; each month we donate money in your name to plant trees 🌳 and being remote we’re doing our bit to offset travel too
Our Interview Process
Talent Call: You'll meet with one of our Talent team and have an exploratory call about the role requirements, life at Prolific, as well as your background and aspirations.
Hiring Manager Interview: You'll interview with two members of the team, one of which will be the hiring manager. You'll have the opportunity to ask about the company and the role, and we'll ask you questions about your experiences and goals. Panel Interview: We'll hold a panel interview that evaluates skills required for the role. You'll meet with more of our team and may be asked to complete a presentation or task. You'll be compensated with a £50 voucher 💰 for completing the task because we know your time is valuable! Final Interview: We will deep dive into your past experiences, goals, motivations, and skills all aligned to our Prolific Principles. You'll speak with two to three members of the team and - as always - have an opportunity to ask questions about the role and company.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Monitoring
Prolific is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome all applications, and consider them without regard to race, religion, belief, age, gender, gender expression, gender identity, gender reassignment, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, sex or sexual orientation.
We are committed to ensuring a fair recruitment process, it's essential to our success. Under the Equality Act (2010) we collect information from individuals at the point of application. We anonymously monitor the profiles of individuals that apply to each vacancy to ensure that no individual is unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
By submitting your application, you agree that Prolific may collect your personal data for recruiting and global organisation planning. Prolific's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Prolific may process, where Prolific may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Prolific’s use of your personal information.
We asked employees of Prolific how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Prolific
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)