Core hours 11 - 3
At Prisma, we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the leading-edge architecture and technology used in today’s data-intensive, highly scalable software systems, with distributed graph data on a massive scale, but you want the energy, challenges, and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins, we are a small distributed team working on making the advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all application developers around the world. Our hard work is paying off, with adoption and implementation of Prisma by some of the most successful and interesting companies out there today, and the fun is just beginning!
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. We have a vibrant community on Slack and Github - with over 40,000 members on Slack - where we regularly engage with the Prisma community.
What will you do at Prisma?
As a Product Manager at Prisma, you will work closely with the Product and Marketing Teams on a variety of topics with a high degree of autonomy. You will be responsible for:
- Growing and cultivating a deep understanding of the problems that companies have with regard to application data access and data infrastructure management strategy. This means that you will observe and conduct discovery sessions with users and early customers, run research interviews, and then share your data and insights with the team.
- Building a strategy for your product area and contributing to the overall product strategy.
- Curate opportunities and work through them with your cross-functional team to define and deliver the resulting features. These features will be centered around the core of the Prisma Data Platform, which is sitting in the critical path between the application and the database. Some examples:
- Database connection management
- Geo-distributed deployments
- Data caching
- Real-time data projections
- Coordinating with the Engineering, Design, Technical Writing, Sales, and Marketing teams to ensure that the product being delivered appropriately solves the problem. This will involve developing an understanding of our technical choices and constraints, as well as establishing a go-to-market strategy for what your team will build.
- Defining the success of the initiatives and driving how your team will measure the impact of initiatives to help us develop our understanding further, and decide on the next steps to take.
As a young startup, the potential to affect our direction forward is significant, and it is our hope that you will bring practices and ideas that will challenge how we do things and develop the role further over time.
We believe the successful candidate would meet the following criteria:
- 3+ years experience as Product Manager or closely related roles such as Product Owner, Program Manager, or Solutions Architect
- Experience working with databases or cloud infrastructure
- Prior experience working in the B2B SaaS space
- Autonomy with research and product discovery
The following experience would also be a plus:
- Past experience as a Software Engineer or experience in the developer tools space
What is it like to work at Prisma?
You're likely to be a great fit for the team if you ...
- ... have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- ... stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- ... be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
We are a remote-first organization with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
That being said, for the sake of maintaining an effective working relationship, we are restricted to hiring remote employees from a timezone band ranging from GMT-4 to GMT+3.
What's in it for you?
- Joining an early-stage startup anchored in both Europe and Silicon Valley where you will be able to make a real impact on a global scale.
- Opportunity to work with a team of world-class engineering, product, and design experts.
- Be part of a thriving startup funded by Silicon Valley's top tier investors Kleiner Perkins and Amplify Partners.
- We provide a competitive base salary in line with industry standards for similar positions.
- As an early-stage startup we also provide competitive stock-option grants with a 10 year exercise window.
- 24 days paid vacation per year.
- 4 mental health days per year.
- Fully paid parental leave up to 20 weeks.
- Generous tech budget to make sure you have all the hardware that you need.
- Ergonomic chair subsidy.
- Access to your local co-working space if you prefer to work from an external location to your home.
- [US] Health, Dental, Vision + 401k Matching
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process for this role follows the structure below:
What do I do now?
If you are interested, please apply by sending us your Resume/CV and any other links or documentation that you think might be relevant. We are looking forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your application.
*Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ***age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.