What you’ll get:
At Perlego we believe in the key role you will play to achieve our shared mission. You'll belong to a culture of dreamers, team players and avid learners with a flexible, value-based approach. Here, you can become your best self, and through your talent, make a real impact in the world of education.
The numbers speak for themselves:
- 94% of people you’ll work with are inspired by the purpose and mission of Perlego
- 88% of people you’ll work with feel they belong at Perlego
- 90% of people you’ll work with would recommend us as a great place to work
*Stats from our latest anonymous employee engagement survey
What we do
At Perlego, there are over 120 of us working hard to make education accessible to all. We believe access to good quality affordable learning unlocks potential. Knowledge should be more accessible, not locked behind sky-high price tags.
Last year, we expanded our library to make over 1 million books affordable for learners, earned a 100% Gold ASPIRE rating for accessibility and reached over 15 million people. The next stage of Perlego is twofold: 1) expand our support to students and publishers globally, and 2) build a product that goes beyond the book, a platform that helps students study smarter and educators teach more effectively.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Account Manager to be responsible for acquiring, managing and strengthening publisher relationships in English-speaking territories, helping publishers achieve success with Perlego. You will work closely with our Content Onboarding, Content Activation and Content Operations teams to ensure a holistic customer-centred experience for publishers, and also collaborate widely with others in Perlego’s business including Finance, SEO and Sales.
You will be responsible for understanding the problems and challenges of the industry, building and maintaining lasting relationships, and developing and executing processes to improve publisher experience.
What you'll be doing:
- Acquiring and developing long-term relationships with some of the world’s most prestigious publishing companies; building understanding of publisher needs and problems and helping to devise solutions that align with company goals
- Understanding the strategic contribution of different publisher accounts to the business, using tactics such as tiering to segment the portfolio.
- Analysing and communicating key metrics such as usage data, sales success and trends on Perlego to accounts, via regular meetings with key clients and using scalable approaches
- Act as the point of contact for publisher first-line support; supporting with queries and looking for opportunities to improve the publisher experience
- Devising and driving the go-to-market plans for key ad hoc projects that serve the publisher community and which provide business benefit to Perlego (e.g. invoiceless payments)
- Prospecting for new business
- Representing Perlego to publishers at key industry events
⭐️ You'll be perfect for the role if you have:
- Previous experience acquiring and managing high-value accounts. You’ll be looking after some of our key clients and will be their main point of contact.
- Business development, negotiation and commercial skills: proven ability to negotiate and close high-value deals
- A track record of communicating and influencing stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Proven project management skills
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Excellent communication skills and a winning personality
- Relationship building and people skills – able to establish and earn professional trust
- Strong ability to track and meet deadlines; excellent prioritisation and time-management skills; able to juggle multiple accounts, contacts and initiatives simultaneously and keep on top of a rapidly-changing portfolio of opportunities
- Data-driven, numerically and digitally literate, with the ability to make inferences from data
- A passion for books and learning
A big plus if you have:
- Experience of working with publishers in higher education or academic publishing
- A strong network of contacts in the publishing industry
- Previous start-up experience
Why should you work at Perlego?
Apart from our mission, we foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. We’re proud of our Glassdoor reviews and the fact that 97% of our team would recommend Perlego as a place to work.
Want to learn more about how we’re making learning accessible? Check out our latest impact report
🌈 Benefits include:
The salary available for this role is £50,000 - £60,000
We're making learning accessible to all and we want our ways of working to be accessible too. Choose between our impressive office in Chancery Lane, remote work or a bit of both. Work in a way that supports your needs and your life. We trust people to know what works best for them.
We are flexible if you wish to work remotely overseas for short periods of time, as long as you remain a UK tax resident 🗺
🧠 L&D Budget
We value continuous learning, you will get £500 per year to spend on the training of your choice
🌱 Unlimited Coaching Opportunities
Unlimited access to MoreHappi, an on-demand professional coaching platform to offer all employees access to unbiased and professional coaching opportunities.
🤓 Learning Time
All employees have dedicated Learning Time to focus on new skills, projects or interests that lay outside of their day-to-day job
🌴 Work-Life Balance
Everyone needs a break, so enjoy 30 days off (incl. bank holidays) + 1 additional day annual leave for every year of service up to 35 days off (incl. bank holidays)
🛐 Flexi Bank Holidays
We understand that not everyone aligns with the same calendar; we offer the flexibility to take your local country's bank holiday allowance for other religious or cultural days.
e.g. switch UK Easter Bank Holidays Days for Eid celebrations
❄️ Office Reset
All employees can also enjoy the days between Boxing Day and New Year off, to reset and refresh for the new year - this is additional to your annual leave 🙂
After three years there is an opportunity to take a 1-month unpaid sabbatical, and after five years there is an opportunity to take a 1-month paid sabbatical
💛 Personal Days
Life happens and we want you to be able to use your annual leave for resting, relaxing or taking time out to do something you love!
We offer 1 additional day a year for life events (your wedding, relocation, moving house, or a child starting school).
🍏 Health & Wellbeing
We want everyone to feel healthy and happy, so you get the choice of a wellbeing subsidy or private medical insurance via Vitality.
💭 Mental Health
All employees also get access to a free counselling support service via Spill
💸 Financial Wellbeing
Track your financial goals and receive financial advice all via Mintago
🚲 Cycle to Work Scheme
We're committed to building a sustainable business, so we encourage cycling to work. Perlego will buy your bike of choice, which you'll pay back over 12 months.
We're a tight-knit bunch who enjoy our time to play. We have regular social events and activities for everyone - everything from white water rafting to board game nights.
🍼 Family time
We believe family is really important; we offer new parents a competitive matched parental leave as well as a phased return to work from extended leave.
👼 Workplace Nursery Benefit
We want to support working parents and carers, so we offer a workplace nursery benefit scheme, helping our employees potentially save thousands of £££ against the cost of nurseries each year.
👋 Belonging at Perlego:
🌈 We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of thought and background.
❤️ We are actively building a diverse team, so we strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
📣 To enable an equitable experience for all and give you the best chance of success, if you have any specific requirements for any stage of the interview process, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We asked employees of Perlego how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Perlego
Gender diversity (male:female)
1 Waterhouse Square, 138 Holborn, London EC1N 2ST