We’re on a mission to make the world's videos watchable in any language
Papercup uses AI to dub videos into other languages using the most human sounding synthetic voices you've ever heard.
Leaders in entertainment, news, and enterprise, such as Jamie Oliver, Business Insider and Bloomberg, use Papercup every day to leap language barriers and engage more deeply with their international audiences. Last year alone over 900 million people watched videos translated by Papercup. But this is just the start - billions of hours of video and audio content are stuck in a single language - our technology will fundamentally change that and make videos watchable in any language.
We’re more than just an AI startup - we also care deeply about our people. We want people to feel fulfilled, rewarded and genuinely happy at Papercup. That’s why creating and fostering the right culture matters to us and why we’re committed to building a company that people are proud to work for.
If you want to work on a game changing technology and you care about working with a fun, smart and humble team, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
Papercup is revolutionising the world of media through state-of-the-art AI dubbing technology, making videos universally accessible regardless of language. As we expand our horizons, we are in search of a seasoned Senior Data Analyst to join our team. This role is pivotal to our mission, providing critical insights that empower our operations, product & machine learning systems.
In this role, you will serve as the analytical backbone of our product teams, interfacing with developers, data engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure our data is leveraged to its fullest potential. Your expertise will not only shape the development of new features but also bolster the decision-making processes within Machine Learning, Finance, and Operations domains.
What we are looking for from you:
- Collaborate closely with developers and data engineers to evaluate the utility of data for analytics in the context of new feature deployment.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of data model transformations and progressions.
- Design and construct detailed reports to support the needs of cross-functional teams, including Machine Learning (ML), Finance, Product and Operations.
- Develop tailored analyses for diverse applications across various company functions.
- Building a data/analytics strategy, roadmap and enforcing best practices related to analytics.
Key skills in this role:
- Python coding, particularly in the realms of automation and system integrations.
- Strong SQL expertise, capable of complex query development and database management.
- Demonstrable experience in data cleaning, manipulation, visualisation, and reporting.
- Rigorous attention to detail and a commitment to QA in evaluating both your work and that of fellow team members.
- Knowledge of statistics principles necessary to interpret data and apply models. For example, knowledge of errors and confidence intervals to understand whether a relation seen in the data is spurious or significant.
Nice to have:
- Proven track record in a similar data-centric leadership role, preferably within a startup environment.
- History of working within product teams, contributing to the product development lifecycle.
- Prior experience with data visualisation tools (e.g., Metabase, Looker) and familiarity with data lake (BigQuery) solutions.
- ETL/ELT knowledge, experience with DAGs to manage script dependencies
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases
- NLP: Misspellings, Suggestions, Word Embeddings, Cross-lingual Embeddings, Named Entity Recognition, Dependency Parsing, Part-of-speech tagging, Information Retrieval, Deep Information Retrieval, Query Expansion, Product Enrichment.
We really care about our people - culture matters deeply to us and we are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for
We're growing fast. That means you can help grow the business from the ground up and maintain a lot of ownership
Apart from all this good stuff, what else do we offer?
- Competitive salary of £76,000 - £85,000 depending on experience.
- Hybrid working from our Algate office 2 days a week with up to 3 days a week from home.
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Private medical cover
- Options granted to everyone to benefit from the growth and success of the business
- The opportunity to learn - enroll in courses or conferences or take a reading week to improve your skills
- Regular team socials, annual offsites
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Papercup provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Papercup is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Papercup
Gender diversity (male:female)
London - Aldgate
$20m Series A